EBay Changes re Returns

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
I learn something new everyday :)
This is a list of the old returns policy on the left and the new one on the right.
What I don't know is if this applies to business sellers and / or private?

I had to accept a return on the old "item the wrong size". This is with photos showing the label size and a tape measure to be sure!
As a buyer and a seller I do not feel just not liking something or changing your mind is a valid reason!
The poor person I have just bought an item from isn't expecting it back because "I changed my mind about that show so didn't go and don't want it"

PicsArt_09-15-11.22.12.jpg

Ebay can be a total pain in the arse, but I guess if we want to use their marketplace place its up to us to accept the rules. I have recently sold aload of antique books for a friend on local facebook collectable book page. I found it alot better experience and got the price they were actually worth!

Does seem strict / harsh for private sellers like myself!
Blimey, I'll not be selling much in future if it is. Its not worth the hassle!

But surely not fitting, changing your mind, got a better price isn't a reason.
It wouldn't occur to me to see something cheaper and return the other item. I made my choice in bidding/buying.

The message I got from eBay said I didn't have to accept the return. But the buyer opening a case against me and possibly leaving a negative effects my selling status. I didn't relist, just gave the item away!

Cant you elect not to accept returns when you list an item? If that hasnt changed I guess you still have that option

You can state no returns, buts a buyer can easily request to return an item. Its a pretty pointless tick box really.

You can state no returns, buts a buyer can easily request to return an item. Its a pretty pointless tick box really.

Yeah don't I know it!lol I ended up having to refund something for (in my opinion) no good reason!
And I was expected to pay return postage as well!!! Grrrr.

Yes as they will find a fault with it to return.
I do accept returns but I do not feel if you just don't like it, it's a valid reason.

You can tick the box buyer pays return postage. I have that set up.
I also have please talk to me written down, as one buyer just opened a return case without even bothering to contact me.

Yes as they will find a fault with it to return.
I do accept returns but I do not feel if you just don't like it, it's a valid reason.

You can tick the box buyer pays return postage. I have that set up.
I also have please talk to me written down, as one buyer just opened a return case without even bothering to contact me.

I had the same thing happen a while back - they just opened a case without messaging me:(

I have stopped using ebay to sell - too much of a faff with all the returns possibilities - never mind about how much ebay take out of the deal! I do far better selling stuff on various Irish sites over here, and get more realistic prices for items I sell too.

Well I got an email this morning from ebay. It doesn't sound good at all for sellers. From what I can gather if someone simply does not like an item they can return it and I have to take it back and pay their postage! Blimey so much for getting rid of unwanted gear, lets face it if you're having a clear out the last thing you want is it all coming back:rolleyes:

I still use ebay alot, My friend and I have sold aload of stuff recently that has paid for our holiday travel and accomodation, out of over 100 transactions we only had one annoying customer! certainly still worth the effort ! we have over 5,000+ feedback all positive so I still have faith in it all!

You don't have to pay the postage @Trewsers you tick the buyer pays it box.
However I do agree simply not liking it isn't fair. I make an effort to add lots of clear photos, measurements and the buyer can ask for more if required.

Reactions: Gimp
You don't have to pay the postage @Trewsers you tick the buyer pays it box.
However I do agree simply not liking it isn't fair. I make an effort to add lots of clear photos, measurements and the buyer can ask for more if required.

Ah right so they pay to return? Even so, once I've shifted any of my excess wardrobe or whatever I generally don't want it coming back!lol

Reactions: Cortrasna
Ah right so they pay to return? Even so, once I've shifted any of my excess wardrobe or whatever I generally don't want it coming back!lol

Yes my buyers pay. If however there is a fault etc, I offer. But just not liking it, nope you pay.

Got anything I might like ;)

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com