Easter weekend

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
So what did everyone get up to this glorious Easter weekend?

I rode my old neighbours OTTB Friday morning, then started rewireing my trailer, Saturday I finished what I could on the rewire, scrubbed the trailer roof and began prepping the sides. Sunday I jet washed the trailer inside and out then messed around setting up new paddocks for my mob as they will have to go onto bare dirt as soon as we get rain due to Jess feet. Yesterday I went out on the river with my friend in her canoe, nearly got hit by a yearling signet, he tried to take off to avoid an adult Swan and didn't get airbourn quick enough and missed me by inches, funny though as J got it on video (sorry can't share as it's on her Facebook) and then I started repainting the trailer (very difficult in 26c in full sun with a brisk breeze, the paint was drying quicker than I could get it on) and finished the day with a bbq down the field.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Found a new path in the woods, Crossed the river, which was hysterical, steep bank in and out the water and Tór decided it was play time half way across! Rivers in Scotland tend to be a bit bigger than the ones we're all used to in Shetland!

Found a new path in the woods, Crossed the river, which was hysterical, steep bank in and out the water and Tór decided it was play time half way across! Rivers in Scotland tend to be a bit bigger than the ones we're all used to in Shetland!
Aw I was hoping to see the river crossing, the forest looks lovely :)

Aw I was hoping to see the river crossing, the forest looks lovely :)
My helmet cam died a death when I took it for a swim in the kayak, I needed all hands on deck for the river crossing, hanging on t the phone and steering and everything that came with it was beyond me!

I also worked all weekend :oops:

Got today off though, so had a nice hack on Brodie with my mum this morning, spent lots of time with Ale too. Just getting ready to head to my osteopath appointment and then heading to my uni library for the rest of the day to get an assignment finalised and uploaded. Which will be nice to have out the way!

I had a sad weekend because our lovely old cat passed away on Thursday evening. The place is empty without her. Sorry - so not very jolly on the whole :(
Oh I'm so sorry to read this, thinking of you. They leave a huge hole don't they X

Reactions: Trewsers
Aww, sorry Trews xxx

I was a wife and mother all weekend. Did some spring cleaning/life laundry and got loads of crap sorted and cleaned in the house. Had my youngest and her boyf over for Sunday lunch and just had a lovely horse-free time (other than checking them and poo picking, of course!)

Last edited:
Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
Sorry to hear about your cat @Trewsers .

I took Friday and Monday off work. I could have worked as normal but as I've had no time off recently and jobs on the farm are getting left whilst ive been lambing I needed a few days off to catch up. Four days went just like that.
As Thursday nights running club got cancelled I decided to join the Friday morning one. Which was a first as I'm always working normally. So met a few new faces. It was a lovely off road run. Some split off and were just doing a 3 mile, the other option was a 6 mile or so I was told. The run was lovely through the valley opposite me places I've never been. It took in lovely views which obviously ment running up to the top of the hill, pretty bluebell woods, forest and reservoir. 71/2 miles later plus blistering heat. I was knackered.
Saturday I had to muck out some pens for the sheep to go into to lamb. So whilst I was in the mood I mucked out the rest of the shed too. Four solid hours and my hands were really swollen and I couldnt grip.
Sunday I managed a hack with one of the girls and we took the boys for a lovely long ride. Even managed a couple of logs so my confidence after the funride last week is slowly returning.
Yesterday I wormed all the ewes and put fly protection on them. Resprayed all the numbers on the lambs before I moved them to my neighbours field which we graze. That didnt go quite to plan as 3 little lambs decided not to stick with the mums as I took them down the road. They got seperated and then I had to spend an hour playing catch me if you can. With the help of a couple of passing dog walkers, some neighbours and a bloke out jogging we eventually caught the lambs. Was entertaining for the onlooker but I wasn't to impressed.
Last night I slipped in a lovely hours hack on Billy once it cooled off.

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com