Easter Fancy Dress ideas please

LisW

Nov 13, 2007
Suffolk
Question in title really - any ideas for Fancy Dress costumes for child & pony please, on an Easter theme. Prefer to make as much as posible, rather than buy ready made costume. BUT show is next week! - help!!!:eek:

I'm not sure I can help without knowing a bit more about the partnership:)

How old is the child? Are they a girl or a boy?
How big is the pony? What type/colour is it?
Can you sew at all? (I don't mean to be rude by the way :eek: :) )

2 chilren, 2 ponies - 2 classes as done in age groups - so 2 costumes needed!

1) 32" palomino Miniature, rider 4 year old girl.

2) 14.2hh tri-colour cob, rider 11 year old boy.

Yes I can sew!

Bunny and easter egg

I have been wondering the same thing as we have a show with an easter competition on Sat. I can't sew and as its just a yard show for yard people only dont really want to go out and hire a costume.

Debating about taking either rhi the grey or Peter the bay in the cart :p

yes i'm sort of wondering if it might be easier to take the Minis with their cart & decorate that for one of them. Problem is at a Riding Club show, no way of knowing if the cart will spook the other ponies - even if we just walk slowly.

last year we did this, yellow thing in corner is my son who was a chick with similarly decorated pony.
Hardest thing I find is covering the hat!
This year we are going for a spring theme with daughter as a bee and pony decorated with flowers
DadsCamera098-1.jpg

yes i'm sort of wondering if it might be easier to take the Minis with their cart & decorate that for one of them. Problem is at a Riding Club show, no way of knowing if the cart will spook the other ponies - even if we just walk slowly.

You could always take the cart and ask people who have entered or keep them at a distance and explain why. I'd give you marks just for thinking about that and being considerate :p

Well I've done some thinking and came up with a few suggestions (some Spring like and some not so Spring like!).

For your daughter:
Flower fairy for a spring flower or just as a flower
Mother nature
Dutch doll

For your son (this was harder):
I first came up with the God of Spring but I'm not sure how easy the costume would be having looked at some pictures:D Still he'd certainly turn heads!!:D
A jousting knight
Robin Hood

Well I've done some thinking and came up with a few suggestions (some Spring like and some not so Spring like!).

For your daughter:
Flower fairy for a spring flower or just as a flower
Mother nature
Dutch doll

For your son (this was harder):
I first came up with the God of Spring but I'm not sure how easy the costume would be having looked at some pictures:D Still he'd certainly turn heads!!:D
A jousting knight
Robin Hood
I like the knight idea - you could have his shield and banner with a Spring/Easter theme, and have all the decorative trappings on the pony with the same designs and symbols on.
I think, unless you have a very understanding audience, I would lean away from the God of Spring for a kids fancy dress as you just don't know how some folk are going to react! :D;)

Great ideas - thank you so much.
We will get to work.
Love your photo too Miggy - you are obviously good at this!

newrider.com