Early weekend thread!

bitsnpieces

Aug 22, 2007
Because I'm reeeeally looking forward to the weekend I thought I'd start this thread before Friday :giggle:

I didn't get a chance to do much pony pampering last weekend as the temperature plummeted, so being as it's supposed to be a good 10C over the weekend (although a bit soggy) I'm planning on washing the girls tails. They are just MEGA gross, so they're going to get washed/conditioned etc....then Puz is having her beard trimmed as it just gets in the way at the moment.

Both of them are moulting so will give them a good scrub :smile:

I've started putting a lightweight stable rug on the previously unrugged Inca to try and get her moulting early, I'm hoping that the less cause she has to itch as we near Spring and mossie season the better :giggle:

So what has everyone else got planned?

I'm working nightshift Friday/Saturday/Sunday so not much!! However I have taken advantage of today's reasonably nice weather and am in the process of washing all of Truffles' rugs and drying them on the line :)

Took some time i was owed and have this afternoon off to ride. Not my usual day but owner is great about me changing days.

Off to Dublin Airport Saturday to pick up one son so that knocks all horsey stuff on the head.

But Sunday we are heading off to look at the palomino and staying down there - then Monday have now arranged to look at another one on the way home!:dance:

Sort of excited but actually a bit nervous as hate riding in front of people and I get extra nervous nowadays riding horses I dont know!:redface:

Both of them are moulting so will give them a good scrub :smile:

Wow, already?! I can't wait til Roxy starts moulting, giving her a good groom, lots of scratches. A great way to bond with a horse after a winter off.

Cortrasna good luck with your viewings & hope you find something you like :biggrin:

I am off to Falmouth, Cornwall this weekend where my Dad lives - need to sort through all of my old stuff there as Mum/Dad are selling up having gone their separate ways. It'll be weird in some ways but in many way nice to go through all my stuff and take home what I actually need. OH & I are leaving straight from work tomorrow & although it'll be a bit strange, looking forward to a weekend away :happy: (just a shame can't take Roxy with us :cry:)

Might go for a ride again this weekend, although on my own, will see what the weather is like. If it's tipping down and soggy then no I won't. Apart from that just the usual family activities and dog walking at the weekend. Housework was done today so no chores on the weekend :smug:

Well I have an assignment to write :cry:

And our first EVA W&T dressage test - is it pathetic that my stomach just lurched when I wrote that?:cold:

Friday night, 6 nations rugby COME ON ENGLAND!! :redface: then Saturday more rugby this time going to watch local team.

Sunday will be housework and washing day so nothing too exciting there. Will try fit in a couple of visits to the gym and dog walking too.

Hopefully lots of riding for OH and myself. Since our get-fit programe started for the chumps we've never let up so hoping that the weather will be kind to us! Tho this morning I free-schooled them again (was good fun!!!).
Hopefully will be catching up on some Zzzzzz.....this week has been megga work-wise, seem to have travelled the length and breadth of England sorting one thing or another out! Needless to say, am sick of the sight of the steering wheel, so won't be galavanting anywhere.......

Off into Edinburgh tomorrow night for drinks and dinner with the "girls" - I use the term loosely as we are all over 35! Saturday I need to go and collect some more hay - I have 20 small square bales left at the farm and the farmer needs the room.

Sunday, son has friend over for the day and then hubby, son and I are out for dinner - and I wonde why I cant lose weight!!:giggle:

No riding planned this weekend but the weather is meant to be pants here anyway.

Out to the barn to see Rusty after work today for the last time in 2 weeks. Will be on a plane to Punta Cana on Saturday morning :spin:

Well, at last I can post when I have at least ONE DAY off on the W.End.:wink:

I am back in on an early Sunday but have Saturday to play.

I am picking Leilani up from School tomorrow so she will stay overnight
tomorrow and so we can go play with the Horses on Saturday, weather
permitting we may even get her back on Bert for a little walk round the
block.............watch it tip down now:bounce:

Off to Dublin Airport Saturday to pick up one son so that knocks all horsey stuff on the head.

But Sunday we are heading off to look at the palomino and staying down there - then Monday have now arranged to look at another one on the way home!:dance:

Sort of excited but actually a bit nervous as hate riding in front of people and I get extra nervous nowadays riding horses I dont know!:redface:

Oh, how exciting, lets hope, fingers crossed, one fits the bill.

I think EVERYBODY hates riding in front of strange people, maybe they will go
for a wonder and leave you to it, thats what I would do:bounce:

I have got 25 kids coming to the village hall for my sons 4th birthday party. He has just come down with a stomach bug so I'm hoping that he makes a speedy recovery or the party will be happening without the birthday boy!

Really got my fingers crossed for you Cortrasna! Let us know how you get on!

Horsey trying for me too Saturday morning. I am in the bad books as horse shopping has taken over so much I have arranged to see the latest when I should be at nephews birthday party - eek!!:redcarded:

Well i was hoping for a lovely long hack tomorrow morning, but we have been forecast terrible weather, torrential rain and high winds, so that wont be any fun at all..........so no riding for me this weekend.

Typical:furious:

WEll, no snow but wet and windy - most yucky!!! Can't see me riding over the weekend now, I don't fancy battling with a force 10...........

newrider.com