Dylan

mu0ljk

Nov 27, 2014
It's taken me a long time to start this thread - I'm not on here as often as I used to be so I'm not too sure if anyone remembers me and my boys Otto and Dylan?

Last Christmas Dylan went down with colic and ended up at Leashurst. He underwent surgery where they found a lipoma and managed to remove a large portion of the intestine but didn't really seem to get better. He then had to go in for a second surgery where they found a secondary mass and the decision was not to bring him round again.

I had the pleasure of being his mum for just under ten years (literally a few days from ten years) and he was my best friend. He was 23 years old and had been semi retired to a hacking horse after bing diagnosed with arthritis in his knee. Almost six months later I'm still welling up and finding the fact that I will never see him again so difficult.

I've added some photos as I think they speak for themselves as to what sort of a horse Dyl was!
This is recent, I decided to have a go bitless - he was fab!
image.jpg1_zpsohuxic0y.jpg

image.jpg10_zpsqzfqkih0.jpg

When I first got him his jumping was a little hairy and although he got a lot better he did always tend to show his erm enthusiasm for jumping! If I remember correctly the judge said that it was admirable that I rode him in snaffle lol!
DSCF3461.jpg

He liked pulling goofy faces
_DSC01322.jpg

_DSC0111.jpg

He loved the XC!
DSC_0100.jpg

But didn't always get his striding right!
DSC_0090.jpg
\
And sometimes thought there could be monsters lurking!
_DSC0069-1.jpg

_DSC0049.jpg

_DSC0037-1.jpg

_DSC0027.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

DSCF5735.jpg

And he was SOO handsome (and knew it!)
DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

Had some photos taken by brandybridge just a few weeks before he went down with colic.
dyl_zpssypdsd9t.jpg

dyl1_zpserwijbuu.jpg

I miss him so so so much.

Reactions: orbvalley
So sorry I remember you and your boys.

Gorgeous pictures we can never get enough and thanks for sharing them. Hugs to you xx

Reactions: mu0ljk
I do remember Otto and Dylan. I remember your thread and amazing pics when you did a hunter trial. That inspired me to think one day perhaps I could do that! So sorry. He was beautiful.

Oh no, so gutted to read this. I was very lucky to meet the fabulous Dylan and I remember when you kindly invited me down for Dylan cuddles when I was having a shitty time. Heartfelt sorrow for you Lisa. He had the most wonderful life with you xxxx sleep tight Dylan :(

I'm not ashamed to say that brought a tear to my eye, he looked like such a beautiful looking boy and the pictures clearly show the love you both had between you. I am so sorry and I understand the hurt you are going through as @Trewsers said they are such a massive part of our lives .

Thank you for your kind words everyone, it would have been his 24th birthday a few days ago and I have found that a lot harder than I thought it would.
@Trewsers and @joellie yes, I find it almost bizarre that such a big personality can just be gone in the blink of an eye.

Oh what lovely pics, though the ones of him jumping are hair raising! No wonder you miss him, what a beautiful fun boy he was.

You know, despite his 'enthusiastic' jumping style in all the time I had him I don't think I came off of him more than two or three times. I trusted him 100%, he didn't have a nasty bone in his body (unless he was grumpily biting Otto!)

Oh no, so gutted to read this. I was very lucky to meet the fabulous Dylan and I remember when you kindly invited me down for Dylan cuddles when I was having a shitty time. Heartfelt sorrow for you Lisa. He had the most wonderful life with you xxxx sleep tight Dylan :(

Thank you. I just can't believe he is gone. He had three owners in his lifetime all who loved him. All he knew was that humans equated, scratches, food and kindness. He was truly loved by us all.

Reactions: Gimp
newrider.com