Dry winter

learningcurve

May 25, 2008
Not complaining....but seem to have had a very dry winter so far this year.

Haven't had hardly any mud at all this year:dance:

I am in Wiltshire, whats it been like where you are.

Well ours was unusually mud free - but as we are now back to the usual wet and windy Irish winter a good acre of the nearest field is now a ploughed field!:devil: However, as each and every one of them now resemble heavily in foal mares am looking on the bright side - that bit will be fenced off as a starvation paddock when the grass starts to come through!:wink:

Gosh i wish i could say we have had a dry winter, sick of the sight of mud. I'm having to take my horses off their field at the weekend just to give it a rest for 2 weeks.

My mate and I were only saying at the weekend that this time last year our winter field was total mud, but cross fingers it is loads better this year, apart from round the entrance where they stand at night.

The two plastic troughs that I brought have helped as well, as now the hay does not stand on the grass and get blown everwhere the field also look cleaner

It's swung from one extreme to the other through various points this winter, sometimes it's been so wet you can barely stand up if it's not on concrete and at other times everywhere has been so frozen it might as well have been concrete!!!!

You can have some of mine if you're missing it!

Very mixed winter, bit of snow, lots of frozen ground, too much ice, then drying and defrosting, then rain and mud and more rain and more mud. Today we have galeforce winds and no rain as yet, yay!

Not complaining....but seem to have had a very dry winter so far this year.

Haven't had hardly any mud at all this year:dance:

I am in Wiltshire, whats it been like where you are.

I was just thinking exactly the same myself here in Hampshire. So much so that I checked the level in the pond in my field this morning. It's isn;t very low so it must just be that we haven't had heavy rain during the day and more consistent lighter rain at night.

newrider.com