Dressage wear for children

At general BD/local level dress them as if going to PC competition, beige jods , short boots, hacking jacket collar and tie. For Byrds type competition, dress them as mini adults in white jods,breeches short boots for tinies long ones for teens, navy jacket and white stock

He's desperately after a tweed jacket for his birthday but I can't find any tiny enough only navy ones and I had no idea what they're supposed to wear as I am utterly clueless about dressage! (I need to buy a dressage for dummies book!) Bitting will be the next fun thing as Magic's bit isn't dressage legal.

Have you looked on Preloved, Lottie86? There's tons of horsy stuff on there, and there must be loads of tiny outgrown tweed jackets (I tried searching for 'child's riding jacket' and it found 11 ads). You could also try putting a Wanted ad in your local tackshop or newspaper, or get in touch with the local pony club.

Can you find out what other kids will be wearing? Does he want a tweed jacket because a friend has one? I ask about the norm where you live because here on NR, I was recommended to get fawn breeches and to avoid white. eml remarked how unkind white was to older ladies. But I noticed that locally last week competitors at a mid week comp doing easy peezy dressage tests were all of them without exception in white breeches.

I've had a look at second hand but due to his condition he is really teeny tiny and I can't find anything smaller than the equivalent of 3-4 in tweed which would be enormous, I found the chest equivalent to a 12-18 months size in a navy jacket (do children really show /go to comps that young?!) which would fit him but
It seems to be cream jods and tweed jackets I've seen photos of my friends wearing for dressage (which is where he's seen the tweed jackets).

If he gets to a point when he's a bit older of doing frequent comps then I'll have to bite the bullet and get jackets and jods made to measure so they actually fit but want to avoid that for as I can as that's going to be hideously expensive!

I'm going to contact a few tailors and see what they say, we live in Scotland so they must be used to dealing with tweed so hopefully someone will be able to half the size of an age 3-4 for him.

Ooo I will bid on that! It hadn't crossed my mind how difficult his size was going to make things as simple as buying riding clothes/body protector as he got older.

newrider.com