Dressage today :D`

crazystevie

Well hello :D
May 9, 2004
Nottingham
Byron did his (and mine :D) first dressage test today :D

We came 8th out of 30, which i didn;t think was too shabby for our first time, with 62.3%. We got mainly 6's and 7's, but 2 4's and a 5 on our centre lines - Byron can do a fantastic half pass down them.....

I'm so proud of my little boy - spesh since we had to hack to the show, in a blizzard, and warm up in the snow - very cold annoyed and wet, and LIVELY. But as soon as we got into the indoor school, he settled right down, and did some really nice work. we got 7 on impulsion and riders position, and 6 on paces and submission (probably because it takes forveer to stop from canter)

Anyway - I didn;t think that was too bad onsidering he has only been in work for 8 weeks, and not even been off the yard for 3 years - and i;ve only had him for 10 weeks.

This is me today --> :D :D :D :D

Well done! Shame my dad refused to let me go, it would have been great! Which test did you do?

Aw thanks everyone!

ponylover88 said:
Well done! Shame my dad refused to let me go, it would have been great! Which test did you do?
It was just prelim 4 - Byron's not quite ready for the novice yet. You could have done novice 21 as well.

Would have been great to meet up! Ah well - maybe next time...

Theres a riding club near me who do dressage competitions, each week - there first show is in June. Thats where i'm doing dressage until I get a box.

Hopefully do some show jumping, and a bit of cross country at riding club, all ready for eventing next year (if i'm brave enough :eek:)

Ahh well done you, sounds like he's coming on in leaps and bounds!!I had a chance to go do my first dressage test the other day and left it too late to apply, never mind, I was secretly relieved!
xx

If youve got transport, you could join blidworth & district RC. I was a member last year, and they had clinics with top riders and loads of lessons. - Was where i did my dressage on Bertha.
If i could have gone, i would have done novice 21 as i think even Bertha would have manged it without any problems.
Fairview are also doing dressage this year in their shows apparently. Need to go on the yard to get a schedule when ive got time. Hoping theyll do novice 21 - its Paddys second home so hes a star down there!!
Theyre also carrying on with the working hunter/SJ and the games apparently. Ive got the dates for all the shows if your interested?

newrider.com