dressage to music:)

Tango<3

ShowJumperrr :)
Jan 29, 2008
In her stable
dressage to music?

any one done it?

I really want to try it but on the schedule it says you have to be a BD member??

How good do you have to be good at dressage?

we can do collected and extended trot and canter but ony to improve her jumping and ability to work through her back.

Hmm. I dont want to join and I dont want to win. I just want a shot! lol.

So any one on here that has done it what level do you have to be working at?

I do quite a bit, have been to nationals at PSG level with my older mare. The younger one has just qualified for regionals at advanced medium. The fell pony I compete is through at elementary and medium.

You can purchase music membership to compete in affiliated and RC music classes. Pages 4 & 5 on the link below explain it.

http://www.britishdressage.co.uk/uploads/File/Rules 2008/BD_Rulebook 2008 1.pdf

Each level has different set requirements for movements.

As you haven't done it before you would be best starting at novice level. That requires you to show: Medium and free walk, working trot and medium trot, working canter, halt, 15 metre circles on both reins in trot and 20 metre circle on both reins in canter. you can also show any movements that come up in any of the novice tests.

Elementary - medium walk and free walk, working & medium trot, working and medium canter, 15metre canter circles, 10 metre trot circles, leg yield, simple changes.

Medium - collected & extended walk, collected & medium trot, collected & medium canter, half pass both ways in trot & canter, trot shoulder-in both ways, counter canter both ways, simple changes.

Advanced medium - walk as medium level, collected & extended trot, canter as medium, shouler-in & half passes as medium, single flying changes.

PSG - collected/extended walk, trot & canter, counter change of hand in trot half pass, half pass in canter, 4 tempis and 3 tempi flying changes, canter half pirouettes, shoulder in.

newrider.com