Dressage saddles - tell me about yours - pics please

*OEH*

Nov 30, 2007
www.oliviapile.co.uk
I'm not convinced I'm totally happy with the fit of my dressage saddle for Xaile and so I'm thinking of getting him a new one. Please tell me about your saddle. Also please could you show me some pics of them with you riding and without.

Thanks!!

Hi OEH - just thought I'd say hi as I know the story behind the predicament lol...(btw, I've lost your thread on EE, not ignoring it :D, as I can't access the area it was moved to an area I can't see - really need to upgrade membership doh!)

Hope you find a solution re saddles if you're not happy, sorry can't be of help...

We used to use a ideal jessica, loved it! wish i could afford one..

040.jpg

I've ridden in other ideal dressage saddles too and always found them really secure and comfortable, and pony went really well in it.

ours is made by crown saddlery in walsall, and is a "regal dressage" with spring tree.

we didnt know what it was when we bought it, it just fitted and was in our budget!
very comfy but not as deep as some dressage saddles and not much knee/thigh roll which is good for us :)

i show in it, have jumped about 2'6 so far in it, hunt and hack in it so its quite versatile :)

DSC00134.jpg

DSC00135-1.jpg

its 16.5 and im 5'7 with quite a long thigh and still manage to ride in it (im not too far back even though it looks like it in that picture :eek:)

BJ in his

Peri stood in hers - the only one I've got of me not in the saddle - it's not a fantastic guide to fit though as she was around 7 months preggers at the time and rather rotund as a result.

Attachments

• BJ Med MFS Rec AF 3 2007.jpg
    BJ Med MFS Rec AF 3 2007.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 60
  • old camera pics 2 096.jpg
    old camera pics 2 096.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 67
I have an Isabel - not as posh as a leather one, but fits Lucy very well and SUPER comfortable for me!.
Modelled here on Lance (whom it does not fit, unfortunately!)

Left%20side.jpg_595.jpg

Right%20side.jpg_595.jpg

I currently have a Kieffer Lugspritz (sp) its fab, lovely big knee rolls and the added bonus of a polymer tree, so fully adjustable, which is why I got Kieffers in the end as he kept changing shape, and the tree shape of this one suited him :)

Prior to this I had the older style Jessica with the suede seat and knee rolls, that was fab, but keeping the suede looking good is hard.

I'll try and get some pics of the Kieffer.

i have a collgiate mentor dressage saddle, i love it to bits but doesnt fit anymore, its sooooooooooo comfortable but cant use it no more :(

newrider.com