Dressage from a couple of weeks ago (vid)

Liss

Mar 10, 2011
Yorkshire
Hi

I used to be on here a couple of years ago before it went to subscription had a lot going on at the time so didn't bother, now come back but got a new username. Not that I posted very much anyway.

Anyway just thought I'd post this video of me and my pony doing our first dressage comp of the year to get some critique on it if anyone wants to. I know mainly where we go wrong but always find it good to get other peoples opinions especially when they don't know us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYNrMLw0Hl4

Pony is a 14.2 8yr old (9 in may) highland. Have had him 5years this year, did a lot of dressage last year doing prelim and novice at riding club and doing pretty well. Till I broke my knee and missed most of the summer competing. So with that and the snow we had only really got back into schooling properly just before this competition.

Going to probably concentrate more on showing this year but still want to get back doing novice if we can get it together again. Got another dressage on the 20th and he's doing showjumping with a friend this weekend.

Thanks if anyone has time to take a look :)

Not much of a dressage expert to be honest, but looked like a pretty good test to me :biggrin:

Your pony is gorgues, i love to see the chunkier types doing dressage! :inlove:

Gees, that's an ENORMOUS arena!

I am inspired by your lovely HiPo. I have a 14.2 Connie and he pokes his nose out the whole time. Must try harder!

newrider.com