Dressage Comp

domane

Gracie's mum
Jul 31, 2005
Jill and I had a lovely girlie day out on Saturday. We took Gracie to Radfords Equestrian at Llanymynech to do Intro B and Intro C. Jill ride and I was super,-groom and chauffeur. We had a lovely day, were super lucky with the weather. They came 2nd out of 5 in B, with a lovely score of 68.91%. The winner scored 69.13% so it was close! They then came 7th out 13 for C with a score of 67 point something. Although Jill had memorised both tests, she did forget to give and retake her reins a couple of times, so got marked down for that. Also, G was very resistant and hollow for the first half of the test, so I still think the judge was very fair. I'd been given the advice "Always book two tests - then you can use the first one as a warm up". Well I actually think G thought she was finished after the first test and was initially a bit crabby for the second, before settling ??

Gracie schools really nicely in a "magic" bit, but they are not dressage legal, so a fortnight ago I had to revert to her Eldonian Harmony snaffle and she makes us work harder for a contact in that.

So all-in-all I'm very proud of them. Here they are in action...

20200818_095340_copy_800x674.jpg

My proud achievement is that we bathed G the night before and then I kept her in and put her Snuggly Hood "bat-suit" on the flatten her growing-out hogged mane.... And it worked like a charm!! Look....

20200815_172219_copy_800x629.jpg

Huggy

Nov 11, 2018
Jill and I had a lovely girlie day out on Saturday. We took Gracie to Radfords Equestrian at Llanymynech to do Intro B and Intro C. Jill ride and I was super,-groom and chauffeur. We had a lovely day, were super lucky with the weather. They came 2nd out of 5 in B, with a lovely score of 68.91%. The winner scored 69.13% so it was close! They then came 7th out 13 for C with a score of 67 point something. Although Jill had memorised both tests, she did forget to give and retake her reins a couple of times, so got marked down for that. Also, G was very resistant and hollow for the first half of the test, so I still think the judge was very fair. I'd been given the advice "Always book two tests - then you can use the first one as a warm up". Well I actually think G thought she was finished after the first test and was initially a bit crabby for the second, before settling ??

Gracie schools really nicely in a "magic" bit, but they are not dressage legal, so a fortnight ago I had to revert to her Eldonian Harmony snaffle and she makes us work harder for a contact in that.

So all-in-all I'm very proud of them. Here they are in action...

View attachment 103453

My proud achievement is that we bathed G the night before and then I kept her in and put her Snuggly Hood "bat-suit" on the flatten her growing-out hogged mane.... And it worked like a charm!! Look....

View attachment 103454
She's a lovely girl!