Dressage cancelled but amazing hack instead

OwnedbyChanter

With out my boys life would be bland
Apr 16, 2009
Raininghamshire
Due to the weather the dressage was cancelled and to be honest I was quite pleased. Ginger and i need to one on one time with out the pressure of the person who was going with me.

So we went for a hack instead. loaded up and off we went. We have no good hacking at our yard so it is hard to get any real down time with out trailing up.

Ginger was a total star off the trailer not a single leg lifted. So friend and I tacked up and had some fun.

He jumped every log I put him too go really carried away on one of the trots broke in the canter and yeap my brakes failed but he was steady and fun and did stop when I asked after I stopped laughing.

We went under low trees, branches over ditches had a nice long canter this time with brakes, walked trotted and walked and laughed just what we needed.

Ginger was fun yet challenging a pleasure to ride and enjoy but amazing to own.

Pointless thread :biggrin:

Wonderful. I am so jealous! Really hope I can do something similar with my own nutjob at some point!

JC we were both saying that even through I love schooling and it is through the schooling that he has became such a fun hack that this is what having a horse is all about.

Lovely post OBC, so nice when we have one of those rides where it makes us remember why we do it. :)

newrider.com