Dont think i can take much more //RANT\\

jumpingmad

Nov 21, 2007
with the sheep =D
Well..yesterday my dad bought a new car, its an R reg 306 :) its lovely, and perfect for us. Before we got the metro we had another R reg 306 in the same colour xD it did us for years..took me to loads of gigs all over the country =]

Anyway, my dad came home with it yesterday and it was parked up for at the most 20mins outside our house (council house, btw. no drive way :( dad was just coming in to sort everything out before we left to go to the yard) and when we got outside the kids in our street had been kicking the hell out of the front of the car..its now smashed x.x cars still driveable and legal but ughh these kids just wont quit!

We got out there this morning to find it had been keyed, kicked, they'd tried to break into the car and the petrol cap, there were dents and foot prints on the roof...>.<

I am at the end of my tether! we've lived here now for almost 3 years, its so bad that a week after we moved in we applied to the council to be moved again. We're still fighting the council now..we're almost there though thank goodness.

The kids, they know i'm disabled but they still laugh and shout horrible things at me and push me over when i'm not in my wheelchair and even try to run me over with their bikes! they throw things at our house, tease my animals (cats are all indoor cats now and my puppy doesnt go outside without me or my dad) put things through our letter box, break into our shed, try to break into the house, play knock-a-door-dash, prank call us (we've changed our number loads, i dunno how they keep getting it..). They peer at us through our windows, they're demolishing the wall outside our house piece by piece, they did the same with the wall across the road and now its just a big pile of bricks!

We've reported them to EVERYONE! and no one will do anything!! the police just give us a log number and say they're on their way but they never come, the council say tell the police and the police say tell the council, neighbourhood watch dont care..the MP and AM (we're in wales) dont care and we've even reported it to the head of the north wales police and to the WA but they dont care! :( we've confronted the parents who say their kids can do whatever they want to whoever they want! one parent even said her kid can stare at me all she likes because i am so 'effing fat' :(

My depression has got 10x worse thanks to those kids..my disabilities are worsening and so are my dads and every day these kids take their nastyness to a new level :(

We cant move to anything other than a council house, for reasons i dont really want to explain here. And the council wont move us even though i cant even get upstairs in this house..i'm literally living in the living room! i cant even get upstairs to use the bath :( YUCK I KNOW!! :( :( this is not how a 17yr old and her dad should be living!! :(

Sorry i know this is a bit pointless i just needed to get it all out..:( lots of cookies if you got to the end <3

xxx

Big hugs to you, these kids sound pure evil !! I dont know what to say about how you can resolve the problem with the kids if the police and council are unable/willing to help.

Just want to say if you want to talk about it the post away x

How is the situation with the yard ?? Maybe if everything is resolved there it will help home life feel a bit better ??

So sorry to hear about your situation, do you really need to stay in Wales or can you move into England. Sorry extreme i know but if the Welsh council and police aren't helping then maybe the English one will, especially since your disabled.

Some kids are down right nasty pieces of work but it' mainly the parents that are to blame. Scum of the earth living of benefits really boil my blood. I know your not able but i would be fighting back if it were me, i would be camping out at the council offices and the MP's door to make them listen etc.

Write to the PM and the queen, i would :mad:

So sorry to hear about your horrid situation- no-one deserves to live and be treated like that. It is a disgrace that no-one is listening or helping :mad: Sorry I don't know much about your disability but are there any charities that you could turn to for support? Maybe getting a bit of weight behind your case will help you be heard.

Your situation sounds dreadful. All I can advise is that you keep on and on and on at the police and the council in the hope that someone will listen. Do you have the name and number of your local neighbourhood policing officer? I would ring him/her up every time something happens and hope that they will take some action.

My mother in law had some problems will kids from the local estate. They kept throwing eggs at her windows and sitting right outside her house. She was so scared she wouldn't go out. The police asked her to log every incident that happened and installed some cctv. They finally left her alone but it has left her very wary of teenage boys.

I really hope that things improve for you soon.

What a horrible situation for you at home :( sorry to hear you're having such a rough time. I don't know what to suggest to help other than what others have already said. Can only offer *hugs* and hope you find a way to improve things.

Your situation sounds horrible it really does, and I truly hope it gets better. Unfortuantly, from what I have heard, things need to be even worse before anyone listens.

I was involved in some work regarding anti social behaviour recently for our local council so know a little bit about it, I can offer you a little advice although you have probably already done most of this. There SHOULD be a massive switch in how anti social behaviour is dealt with so hopefully things will start to work in your favour. (P.S I don't work for the gov/council or police and can't say much more).

Keep a diary (or even go back and make one up) of all the abuse you have been receiving and what action you have taken e.g 29/6/10 - car vandalised, police called, given crime reference number 45783 no police call out, suspect Joe Bloggs. Even take photos as it all stands as evidence. Include any threatening behaviour so 12/6/10 - Whilst walking across the road a group of children tried to knock me over with their bikes and shouted "bleep" at me. I know it seems like such a pain doing the polices job :( but unfortuantly they tend to take each crime individually and some councils aren't exactly on top of victims of this kind of behaviour. Once you have your diary, send it to your local police/council members/MP/Any organisation in your area that may have anything to do with this kind of behaviour. (We have various organisations around here). Send it with a headed letter explaining your situation, your disability your living arrangements, your father and say just how depressed it is making you and what it has taken out of you, put a lot of emphasis on this, explain any medication you are on. Finish with saying you have been in contact throughout your experiences with (insert organisations/individual members), say nothing has been done, and say who you have sent copies of the letter to. Then say something like "I feel I have run out of options and my only other option is to go to the media as I don't want this to ruin my life anymore".

Unfortuantly, unless you do something similar to the above, it is unlikely you will get much help. Good luck, I really hope things get better for you. Feel free to PM if you want any help with it.

thanks guys :( i know its an awquard situation and i feel sorry for the kid and/or its parent when i finally snap..:(

We dont have to stay in wales, we can move anywhere including ireland (which is the plan once i've qualified as a vet) its just finding a council that will ignore what our council says...our council is extremely corrupt (flintshire) its a hell hole here..even police and ambulances dont venture here unless someone has died.

We keep diarys and I have photos (if i said we, my dad would be classed as a pedo according to the police and council :mad:) and a friend of ours has set up CCTV in his window facing our house.

We had meetings in the town hall and everything, but no one cares :( we've tried charities, they say that we need social services on our side but disabled childs services say i am not disabled enough (WHAT?! I AM IN A WHEELCHAIR AND CANT LIVE IN MY HOUSE PROPERLY..HOW IS THAT NOT DISABLED ENOUGH?!:mad:) because i am not mentally disabled..i'm quite the opposite actually..so they send child protection over and i just slammed the door in their face. I dont need protecting from my dad, me and my dad need helping to get outta here :( (btw, i had a very bad experience with social services when i was little so, i dont like child protection ALOT)

This house is literally falling apart and they still wont move us... i swear they just want us to commit suicide (DONT WORRY, WE WONT! we're not like that at all thank goodness!)

our community PCSO was amazing, wow he really was! he actually got things rolling, sorting the kids out...then they attacked him and ended up stabbing him..hes okay, he was in hospital then after resting he came back but then they moved him cos of the danger, even though he didnt want to move..now our community PC and PCSO are just..crap. they dont even patrol up here..up until about two years ago the police horses used to come up here twice a year but they stopped because of the abuse.

:( :mad: :(

xxx
i am really sorry for me ranting like this..i just needed to get it out before i explode :(

Threaten to go to the papers, or to publicise it somehow. Neither the Police nor the Council will like bad publicity, and may try to do more to help.

Threaten to go to the papers, or to publicise it somehow. Neither the Police nor the Council will like bad publicity, and may try to do more to help.

Second this, which was what I was trying to say. Show the people who aren't listening what evidence you have to go to the papers. They definitely don't want bad press at the moment and if you have all that the papers would love the story.

Second this, which was what I was trying to say. Show the people who aren't listening what evidence you have to go to the papers. They definitely don't want bad press at the moment and if you have all that the papers would love the story.

I totally agree with the media stance!

i was thinking about going to the media..but when we went to our local paper and they lied about us in the paper i gave up on the idea :( it made everyone in the street hate us more, we asked not to be named and everything but noo they named us anyways :( we're not the only one in the street that the kids are terrorising..we're just the ones they do their worst to :(

xxx

Tell the Council and / or Police that you will go to the media, and threaten a national paper / tv show rather than a local one, something like Watchdog. Hopefully it will give them a kick up the whereabouts and you won't actually have to go through with it.

like i said we can only move within councils for reasons i dont really want to explain on here :(

here its provided by the council but they are looking at changing that which would help us..ALOT..but the council are completely against it and are sending lots of leaflets and stuff around asking tenants not to let it happen even though it would be great for everyone...

also, the ombudsmen didnt work out..we tried that a while ago and it just went to pot :(

sorry i sound like such a downer but we've tried almost everything..council have now finally accepted a formal complaint after some people who work there have been lying to the boss who emailed us saying we've refused help which we havent so hes not very happy, but i dont expect alot to happen about it tbh..

xxx

Can you go to a local or even national paper about this? It sounds like a horrendous situation to be in and dangerous and really needs putting a stop to, I am shocked the police wont do anything, do the neighbours have the same problem?

nope..the kids abuse us completely..they sometimes scratch or climb on someones car, sometimes..but its usually ours and they dont abuse any one else at all :(

i am definetly considering threatening the council with going to the media..of course in the end its down to my dad but hes just as unhappy as me and is trying everything he knows (he used to be a housing officer for a council) and when they break the law hes making sure he has the emails and letters as proof...

xxx

If its just you the kids are singling out it sounds like they are commiting hate crimes- have you ever tried reporting them for this to the police? They may take a bit more notice, if not I would be going to the independent police complaints commision and report the police. There have sadly been a few cases in the media recently where the police did nothing about similar circimstances to yours and it didnt end well (im not saying this to scare you but you could perhaps go to the police with this highlighting the similarites to your situation)

thats what i thought, about hate crimes, because both me and my dad arent welsh and we're both disabled..when we reported them for it to the police though they didnt take any notice :( i thought the police were supposed to help us but obviously not...

xxx

newrider.com