Donkey experts? Teeth person?

Cortrasna

Grumpy old nag
Aug 5, 2009
Ireland
Not sure where to put this TBH but very flummoxed and wonder if anyone can give me the answer - tried dear old google but no answers!

Found this in donkeys stable this morning. Looks nothing like a single front tooth and neither of them have their baby ones missing yet,apart from front 2 that are well grown adult ones now, but it does look very like a back tooth of some sort, as it is sort of 2 welded together if that makes sense? Do they also loose their back teeth and grow new adult ones?

Tried to have a look but neither will co-operate with me looking at their backs so not sure if one of them has a gap or not?:unsure: Definitely freshly out as tiny blood spots on the underside. Tried to take pics from all angles but I alwaysd thought the back ones have huge roots - these have no root at all on them and look more like the baby caps do underneath.

Hmmmmm. any ideas?

IMGP1200.jpg

IMGP1199.jpg

Sorry - have now found the answer - tis just shedding temporary cheek teeth same as a horse does! Phew....thought one of them was falling to pieces!

Note to self - read up more on the care and welfare of donkeys.:redface:

newrider.com