Donchya Hate it when Men are right ?

Ruskii

Jun 21, 2000
UK
I'm sitting here fully dressed and have been since 5.30am being very grown up and sulking. :rolleyes:

My mum arrives from Aus today and I wanted to go and collect her from the airport, OH got his car sorted out last night for me, but kept making nervous noises about me driving in the ice... (have had virtually only a dusting of snow in New Forest) chuck in guilt factor off 'If anything were to happen to you ... think of Jessica (6 month old baby)'

I ignored him and carried on, til this morning he came back in from putting a heater in the car for me, announcing 'It's all ice out there, I'll be worried' he said this two more times before he got a reply off me as I was ignoring him. I snapped then with 'Well you £$%%^"£ well go then'

The bad thing is he's right :mad:,

I'm crap about driving on ice, last year when we had all that snow and ice, I lasted three corners in my car (both of us have 4WD's) before I hit probably all the kerbs in my neighbourhood. :eek:

I just wanted to be the one to pick mum up *sulk*

Havent seen her for 2 years.

Will end the rant and grow up now :p

Awww sorry to hear that. I'm sure your mum would rather see you alive though!

My OH has done all the driving since it snowed because he doesn't like me driving in the snow and ice. We have a 4x4 too so i'm not incapable.

Aww :eek:

Nothing will grip in ice - 4x4 or otherwise. I don't blame you for being nervous about driving in ice; I have been getting lifts to the stables since the snow came down here as my car is appalling in ice (Ibiza Sport TDI - I might as well go in a sledge) so I've been getting lifts in my dad's 4x4. Last winter I was working away up in Scotland (and boy do they get snow) and I came off the road in Dundee on ice when I took a wrong turn down a smaller road that hadn't been gritted - I was travelling at a grand speed of about 6mph but it was downhill, I came to the bend, turned the wheel and suprise suprise the car went straight on. It hit a 8" kerb and buckled the whish bone. The first day we had the snow this month, I turned into the street (I live in a cul de sac which obv isn't gritted) and I crawled round the corner, but still the front end spun out and I hit the kerb. Only a small kerb and I managed to get the wheels round in time so I didn't hit it side on (and buckling another one) so when the weather gets better I will have to go and get the tracking checked. I have a chunk missing from my alloy now :(

If he's the sort to let everyone know what a turn he's done you, let him have his three days of self-polished ego and then cook up the kind of Christmas dinner your folks could only dream of. You know, honey-glazed turkey, sprouts and julienned carrots steamed with butter in the water, homemade mulled wine and homemade ganache truffles...

If he's the sort to let everyone know what a turn he's done you, let him have his three days of self-polished ego and then cook up the kind of Christmas dinner your folks could only dream of. You know, honey-glazed turkey, sprouts and julienned carrots steamed with butter in the water, homemade mulled wine and homemade ganache truffles...

Haha yea, then give him porridge :D

Donchya Hate it when Men are right ?

I dunno. Not witnessed that happening yet :p

I hope you mum is now safely settled at your house and cooing over how lovely J is ;)

newrider.com