Dolly the wonder horse... Horse Agility *pics added*

nat17

Minnie, Sam and Dolly
May 30, 2002
Cotswolds
Visit site
I had a 121 horse agility training day today, with my brilliant RA and Horse Agility trainer.

I wanted to work with Sam and Dolly, Sam has done training before and loves it but Dolly is just 2 and has never seen any of it before. I was hoping Sam doing stuff would give Dolly confidence and she would be able to do a couple of the obstacles.

Well... Dolly did all the obstacles and was braver than Sam with the flags,windmills and wind walker fish...:biggrin:

At one point she was letting the flag fan her face and then she tried to EAT it:giggle: She was touching the wind walker fish and butting the windmills :angel: Positively bulldozed the 'walking over bottles' obstacle, no problem.

She is one brave 2 year old, with more confidence than I gave her credit for. I took Sam off to the other side of the arena doing those obstacles and Dolly didnt need Sam after all, she can do it all by herself:happy:

It was a very successful training session, my trainer was also amazed at Dolly. This time last year Dolly was uncatchable, couldnt get a headcollar on her, couldnt pick up a foot let alone trim them..:happy:

Well Done Dolly the wonder horse:happy:

I have a couple of pics I will share soon

Last edited:
Good girl Dolly! Really looking forward to the pics.

That sounds an excellent way to get a young horse used to scary stuff. TBH I don't really know what horse agility is - I kind of imagined them running up and down sea-saws, bending round poles and standing on podiums. Sounds much more useful than that.

TBH I don't really know what horse agility is - I kind of imagined them running up and down sea-saws, bending round poles and standing on podiums. Sounds much more useful than that.

You hit the nail on the head....just the sew saws and podiums are huge:biggrin:

Thanks D&T:happy:

How could she fail at anything?
With a name like that she will go right to the top IMO!:giggle:

I really think it is rather shabby to post the thread without the pics, I was waiting for pics before I replied.:biggrin:

Oh my - she really is shaping up in to a very nice looking cob Nat. Well bought Mrs.:smoke:

Despite the feathers cut rough by my OH yesterday she looks not bad for the scruffy yearling I bought off the net unseen, although she looks tall in the pictures is not yet 14hh:happy:

Thank you, I will be doing a photo shoot with them all this week as an end of summer thing, especially with Minnie, so some better shots will be coming... but shhhhh dont tell the bosy lady or she will hold me to posting them asap:giggle:

Thank you, I will be doing a photo shoot with them all this week as an end of summer thing, especially with Minnie, so some better shots will be coming... but shhhhh dont tell the bosy lady or she will hold me to posting them asap:giggle:

I am actually sitting here impatiently tapping my fingers already young lady!:bounce:

Brilliant, go Dolly, love that one of her with her ears forward next to the windmill, clearly wondering what all the fuss is about. Thanks so much for sharing.

Gingerruby, yes she did show the way with the scary corner, she really did shock me, I never thought she would do half the obstacles she did:happy:

Oooooh she is pretty - I think she's so lovely and hairy !!! Coblets rule!!!

Yes, her summer hairyness is about the same as winter hairyness...look..

newrider.com