Dog home alone help!

squidsin

Feb 16, 2013
I've just realised my 6 month old lab Lola is going to be on her own all day tomorrow - I have to go into London for work and so does my OH. Normally I work from home so have never left her on her own for more than 3 or 4 hours. Usually I'd put her in her crate, but my OH won't be back until 6pm (I am staying out for a birthday dinner) and I'm leaving at 8am. I guess I'll give her the run of the kitchen with some toys and newspaper down in case she needs a wee? (She is fully house trained.) Help! I am really worried! Even though loads of working people have dogs so it must generally work out OK!

If you haven't got someone you can ask to pop in to let her out then I think your plan of giving her more room, toys and newspaper down would be the next best option.

We have had to leave ours for long days when we are both on site, when needed we have asked Nextdoor to pop in to let them out for a wee

I've left it too late to ask anyone as it only occurred to me half an hour ago that we'd all be out tomorrow! My neighbours work f/t as well and I can't think of anyone who could nip in and take her out for a walk.

I'm going to have to do my best to dog-proof the kitchen - and pray!

Tbh I'm sure she will be just fine and since its a one off I wouldn't worry. Leave her with plenty of chew bones too, and I'm sure apart from some accidents she will be fine :)

newrider.com