Does this sound dodgy?

Tango<3

ShowJumperrr :)
Jan 29, 2008
In her stable
http://www.adhorse.co.uk/horseboxforsale_16486.html
Its a lovely Lorry for a stupidly cheap price
Emailed him just incase it realy is hapening!
and got this response................

Hello,

Thank you for contacting me about the lorry.
The lorry is in perfect conditions, no flaws or dents, no scratches or any kind of damage, no engine problems. There is no outstanding finance (HPI cleared) and it has an accident free history.
The amount you will have to pay in order to own this vehicle is £4950 with delivery costs included! The selling price is so low because I need some cash asap due to some personal problems!
I want to take this opportunity to assure you that this deal is 100% legitimate, the financial part of this deal will be managed by eBay and you will also have access to a refund policy on this transaction.
However, before any delivery can be done we have to start the transaction on ebay so we can be both protected. In order to start the transaction on the eBay system I need to receive some details from you:
- your full name and address (for your invoice + delivery purposes)...
As soon as the above details will be provided I'll start the official transaction on eBay and they will notify you about this. You'll also receive important guidelines + instructions from them.

Thank you,
P.S. I have to tell you that I'm currently out of town with some major business problems so pick up isn't an option.

Was thinking about going to the police and seeing if there is a stolen lorry or something!?
Or am I just being neg?!
Lol.
X

My gut feel is that it is seriously dodgy!

I received emails like this when my boy was up for sale. He was only for sale for 3 weeks but I got loads.

I would steer clear....

don't do it!!!!

please dont entertain this person. it sounds like a scam.

i had something similar when i was trying to buy a laptop for my brother.

The invoice has nothing to do with ebay.

hmmmmmmmm it does sound to good to be true, i am based in tyne and wear is there anyway you can find where abouts there based and i will check it out for you.

it does look like an amazing box though

Have emailed back will only do cash on delivery so if it does work out it shall have restored my faith in the good people of the world!
Lol
X

IMO its dodgy, why on earth would anyone sell for that price, they could get more taking to the local auction.

Also why advertise on a website and then say the transaction has to go through ebay, that would cost them a fair bit in ebay costs.

Definately too good to be true (did you notice it has 6,000 hits) wonder how many people think they have bought it.

Hadnt thought of that!
Goshh.
If only I had the money to buy one like that at a 'normal' price :eek:

Umm.
I have no idea where it is.... seems pritty keen on keeping that bit quiet.
Delivery is defo not a poss!
Lol.

SCAM!!

I had an almost identical email (its literally almost word for word) when i was looking for a new car. I found a lovely Audi on ebay about £10k under what the normal selling price would be. Enquired about it and i got the same email as you... Turned out to be a scam and ebay removed the ad!

Such a shame cos it would be great to have such a good deal lol

If you can pay when you pick it up, then go for it. But if he demands that you pay online then don't do it. You'd have to pick it up sooner or later anyway, so there is no reason you can't pay on delivery.

Its a nigerian 419 scam.... popular amongst ebay and other sites selling expensive items. Ignore it, I had one email me about my filly for sale, asking about IT and will i ship IT!! I emailed back and basically told the person i was aware of the scam and they havent bothered me with a reply :rolleyes:

You could do an AA check if you email the seller for the registration and chassis number. They will tell you if its stolen or been written off by an insurance company (well they do with cars, so should be able to do lorries ? )
Only costs a few quid, but they do give you some protection with it.

Actually, just asking seller for these details will make him run if he isn't genuine.

You could do an AA check if you email the seller for the registration and chassis number. They will tell you if its stolen or been written off by an insurance company (well they do with cars, so should be able to do lorries ? )

Actually, just asking seller for these details will make him run if he isn't genuine.

Thats a good idea...however our car was stolen a few years ago & when recovered was sold on by insurance company...when a check was done by new owner there was no record of it ever being stolen or written off!

good idea, i'm sure you can find out who owns it from the reg plate ;)

sent an email last night saying will only do Cash on delivery.

Hello,

As I said I'm currently our of town so pick up is not available or COD. That's I'm offering a refund policy and free delivery on our transaction.
Let me know if you agree .

Cheers!

I think I shall start looking for more lorries any one know any lorries.... Under 10K with space for 2 pref 3 and living.
:)

& I think I'll do the AA thing Its so lovely... if it exists!... then some one will want it back! :)
X
X

:eek: hehe it looks like he is trying it on.

There will be someone there, if it is legitimate, who will be more than willing to drive it down to you, so you can pay COD.

or, you could offer to commute up there to drive it back and pay cash........

*rolls eyes*

Last edited:
newrider.com