Does anyone know what this red bruise like mark is?

lisa+pilgrim

Feb 6, 2009
south Wales, UK
im assuming that this is the right place, apoligeies if not, but i noticed today that there is a red bruise like mark on suki back hhof, shes not lame at all, we went out for a two hour hack yesterday and was fine, shes not shifting weight around, so thought id ask you lot for your oppinion, shes not due her trim yet and theres no over growth yet, so should i be worried?

2vaav4y.jpg

wtd82f.jpg

jk8wuo.jpg

That ties in with what I was told. Molly had one once, farrier said it was an old bruise growing out. Most likely from an impact but beyond the time you can do anything about it. Didn't cause Molly any bother and not had one since. Only really noticeable on pale horn I guess!

Looks like an impact bruise, they come from the horse hitting something, eg; a jump pole/log/stone. It'll grow out or fade, and they normally don't cause too much pain. :)

thank you all guys, might be from her and archie play fighting then as she hasnt done anything when we ridden and not done any jumping this year, and she has been fine so no need to worry then, phew :rolleyes:

newrider.com