Does anyone have any ideas?

horse_converted

Oct 30, 2006
Brisbane Queensland
i am wondering if anyone has any ideas how i could get this to happen. i go to a friends propperty and they have a old clidesdale there he is in his fortys. but very healthy the last couple of years we have got him very friendly and when we arrive he comes to us and waits for his carrots and that.

he is a very nice horse. we have tryed to brush him down with a straw broom he stood there for a bit but after that walked away lol. don't blame him. so i was wondering do anyone have ideas how i could get him to end up liking to b brushed and that? i think in the end he will love it he loves the attetion. he seems to like me the most he will follow me around like a he is a dog. so i really want to be able to brush him but don't know how to try it that is why i am after any ideas? :D

He wanders off because he doen't realise you want him to stand there.

To make him certain of what you want you might need to put a headcollar on him or drape a rope over his neck, so when he goes to wander off, you can gently put pressure on the headcollar or rope and ask him to stand.

He associates being out int he field as being his liberty, a headcollar he will associate with doing what you want most likely.

newrider.com