does anyone ever wonder

J Leahy

Apr 7, 2010
How on earth those that don't have horses fill their lives ? It must be just so boring and empty :)

If I'm not riding or grooming I'm either shopping for them or reading horsey articles

I'm taking a break from horses at the moment having owned for over 10 years and I can't think how I managed to fit a horse into my life!

Definitely don't have a quiet boring life :wink:

I really cant recall what on earth I did all day before I had children or how I ever stress busted before horses (probably sex and swimming - both infrequently!)

I often feel sorry for people who dont have horses and miss out on the peace, serenity, pleasure and joy that they bring. I am an atheist but really feel my spiritual needs are met largely by being together with them and their fantastic spirits and willingness. That and the opportunity to spend quiet time outdoors, in all weather and enjoy the countryside. I am without doubt a better person and dont think I could cope with my hectic lifestyle without Rosie.

Plus of course if I ever had the time to bored (and Ive been waiting for a slot for several years now) I can always fill my time with horsey forums/magazines/books :)

Well sometimes I get an attack of the guilts and tell my OH that I'll sell the horses so that we have more money and he says "Jane.... WHAT would you do with your time instead??"

He does have a fair point there!!! :biggrin:

If I didn't have the ponies I'd still not have enough time in my days to do everything I'd want to. We have motorbikes, we go away a lot, I renovate houses and do buy to let properties, I volunteer at my local school and the Brownies, I'm the one the extended family call on if there is trouble (which there always is), my house is a mess and needs renovating not to mention cleaning!

I wouldn't not want to have the ponies but when I think what I could do with the 1.5 hours that even a flying visit takes me (my yard is some distance away) it makes me yearn to be rich and have a house with land so I could have them at home.

I was thinking about starting a similar thread the other day. In was always bought up with horses. As a child there were horse people and everyone else who didn't have horses. I just couldnt relate to them! I used to imagine that everyone without horses used to stay home and watch coronation street and then talk about it the next day! It used to drive me mad as a kid, all the boring non horsey people.

As I've grown I've got a little bit more understanding of non horsey people but still it strange at work when people tell me about their weekends. I've never not had horses, my social life is going up and seeing people at the yard, the tack shop, the farmer etc

Maybe I'm the sad one? But my horse brings me peace, stops me going crazy, exercises me, gives me something to do. I can't imagine what I would do without her!

I was only joking really but it is funny how they kind of take over isn't it ! Most of my friends are non horsey but I honestly don't know what I'd do with out the little time wasters !

Havent a clue what I would do with my time, but if its anything like the winter when I wasnt well and couldnt even go down the fields to them myself, then I think I would probably need a straightjacket! I am not a very nice person to be around if I dont get my daily horsey fix!:redface:

But I would be considerably richer than I am now thats for sure!:wink:

Trust me, its a VERY dull, boring, slow life. :cry:
In the school term i spend my time reading horsey books, looking for new horses and remining everyone how long it is till my next lesson.:banghead:
But i much prefer it in the holidays when im at my mams and we go to the field everyday to ride and such. :inlove:

I DONT have a horse any more (had a share horse for a year and lessons for years before that) and I've found myself trying to fill my time with DVD boxsets, cross stitch tapestry and (shock horror) cleaning the house more regularly. Nothing more I'd love to do though than own my own horse and it WILL happen one day when I'm not saving for house deposit/car!!

Well, I had a taste of non horsey life at the weekend. I went away with friends to Newcastle for a girls shopping weekend - not a speck of mud in sight and no wellies either

Yes it was fun but after 48 hours I was ready to be covered in mud, poo picking the field ......

Not sure I could cope with a life without the horses

I was thinking about this just the other day, I honestly don't know what I would do without horses!

At the moment my job has got incredibly busy and stressful so I do get exhausted trying to do it all, but I would still miss them desperately if I didn't have them.

I'd like to think my house would be spotless and I would be perfectly groomed at all times if I didn't have a horse, but the reality would be "no" on both counts :redface:

Well I have 3 horses but if they were not at home with me I'm sure my 2 kids, big kid of an OH, the dog, the cat, the gerbils and the bearded dragon would find me plenty of things to be doing!!

Oh I would probably spend more time drinking :wink:

On the days I ride now I used to play games online with friends. I am not sure which the Mrs hates more as although I was home I could end up playing a mission until the very early hours. The downside of sharing is that the more I do it the more she knows I will eventually want my own pony.

newrider.com