Does anyone else...

Sofi P

Jan 2, 2008
Solihull
Let your pets sleep in your bed every night?!

I have a 13 week old kitten who so far has spent every night sleeping in my room, either on top of the wardrobe or in my bed (actually under the covers is her fav spot). I only intended to let her sleep in my room for a week or so when she was tiny but now I can't bare to make her sleep in her own bed!

But when she wakes me up in the middle of the night sometimes I want to strangle her and I resolve to shut her out the next night... Somehow though my resolve disappears when she looks at me with those big eyes and comes for a snuggle in the evening... I am too soft!!

I had cats as I was growing up and they were always locked away in the kitchen at night. They were pesky otherwise and wake you up wanting in/out/fed/cuddles/clapped Arghhhhh!
I learnt the hard way. My parents went on holiday and left me at home. They only lasted a few hours out the kitchen!

My dogs dont sleep in my bedroom either. Its much more relaxing for me to have them downstairs. They used to roam but my older dog had seperation anxiety issues so I needed to get him in a routine and that meant him downstairs without permananent access to me.

My old dog Tess used to when I was single - hubby put a stop to that thou!! Dogs and cat sleep in the kitchen and we all get a decent nights sleep that way

My cat goes round in circles where she sleeps, spare room, our room, landing and so on.. so yes she does but she gets bored after a week or so and changes places, oddly she often appears when the OH or myself is away. She prefers to sleep next to you rather than at your feet so I guess that makes sense that she knows she has more room. I find the noise of cleaning annoying so I'm afraid if she wakes me she gets a shove! :redcarded:

She is at my mums while I am away and apparently has been sleeping on my stepdads pillow - cat hat!! :bounce:

The dog has a 6ft bean bag with fleece blankie on top. The minute we are asleep she sneaks up and lies between us, stealing all the covers. My teenage daughter often stays out and her dog does the same. Most nights we have the cat too. The funniest thing is if the cat is on the bean bag the dogs won't touch it - she commands all 6ft to herself!
In winter it's fab but when I'm not freezing or want some contact with my husband then it's absolutely pants! If I get tough they'll stay off but who wants to get authoritative at 3 am?!!!

It's always tempting but I don't let my two Siamese boys into the bedroom unless I'm not too bothered about getting a good nights sleep.

The younger one, who is only 9mths old, is a nightmare and flies round the room several times during the night, throws toys in your face at 4am or will start a scrap with my older boy if he thinks he is getting too many cuddles, usually scratching me in the face in the process.......so yeah....shutting them out is sadly done most nights of the week.

And I don't let any of the dogs through now, I used to let the smallest dogs through but the cats were very put out and I got even less sleep so the dogs are confined quite happily in the kitchen and lounge.

when our cats were really little they were kept in the dining room for the first few weeks then let to explore the rest of the house, they never really wanted to sleep on our bed. Nowadays they tend to sleep on our bed (or on top of me specifically!) whilst we are falling asleep then they usually go in the other bedroom or out exploring.

Our dogs arent allowed upstairs at all, i wouldnt ever let a dog sleep on my bed or even our bedroom, i do feel its important for them to be left on their own so they dont get too clingy to us.

Our 2 flatcoated retrievers sleep on our bed for at least part of the night! It is a king size - one lies across the bottom against the footboard and the other lengthways in between us, so we all fit in! Thankfully the older dog can't get up there and sleeps on his bed on the floor, otherwise there'd be no room :happy:

Yep - cats always slept in the bed...sometimes a bit like a garvel pit...sometimes a few "gifts" - and a few hilarious evenings hen they all had to do a "wall of death" before settling down...nothing like waking up in the dead of nigh because the cat is snoring straight into your ear...miss those catty nights :-(

newrider.com