does anyone else sing

stressy

Apr 22, 2009
sunderland
while they hack out? I tried it the other day on my reluctant solo hacking horse and we didnt have the usual drama, tried it again today and although she did stop she didnt try to nap by spinning/ rearing. I felt a bit of an idoit but at the same time if it stops her from napping I dont care! just running out of songs to sing now!

yeah all the time! Keeps me calm and chilled and so the horse stays relaxed. been known to belt out "I will always love you!" before now hehe :redface:

I used to sing to my loan and it really seemed to make a difference - he could be nappy and scared of things and singing seemed to jolly us both along somehow. Rafi on the other hand doesn't seem to like my singing (can't blame him really!) In the stable he'll just ignore me or even walk away if I start singing to him, although he doesn't mind if I'm just singing along to the radio. On hacks I think it irritates him - I think he likes to listen to what's going on around and my singing just gets in the way!

"Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do
I'm half crazy, all for the love of you.........."
Daisy Haffies hacking out serenade :biggrin:

I don't personally sing to mine when I ride, but I have a friend that sings when going around the ShowJumping Ring at our local show. She has a very reluctant/nappy horse who likes to stand still and catleap, but he evtually gets around the more she sings!

Yep, for my nerves, it helps me breathe more and takes my mind off of any spooky things. My only problem is that I can never remember any songs that I know the words to when I'm in the saddle and get stuck with the same three over and over again. The local dog walkers are a bit sick of my rendition of 'When the going gets tough' by Billy Ocean. (its our theme tune!)

I always sing when loading my boys...I hate loading:frown:

We often hire a lorry and I know the driver well, I always remind him to stick his fingers in his ears when I'm about to begin.

Lol ... i`m another singer ... but also "forget" every song there is whilst out and about, so i end up singing the most daftest of things lol.

Mostly end up singing "Pink" songs:

"I don`t wanna be the girl that laughs the loudest, or the girl that never wants to be alone ...... I don`t wanna be that girl at 4 o`clock in the morning, coz i`m the only one you know in the world that won`t be home"

"I`m safe, up high, nothing can touch me" .... <<<<< lol sang from horseback is quite well suited i find ;)

I sing it usuallly ends up being "when the cow kicked Nelly" I dont know why that one always comes to mind.

I don't sing but I do tell stories. I'm a writer and so I outline plots to the horse I'm riding. :giggle:

Hehe, sometimes when my boy is being lazy I pretend I'm Dawn French riding Peter Pan from the French and Saudners Ponies sketch.

My teenage daughters pony even fits in well as Saunders fizzy pony.

When out on my own and trotting I hum the tune from steptoe and son. It goes really well with the trot rhythm. Not that my horse is a rag and bone horse ha ha!

I don't sing songs as such, but I do talk to them in a sing song voice if they're/I'm feeling a bit tense. So my 'songs' are usually along the lines of 'your alright...everythings ok...just keep trotting...that's it...we are all ok'. It calms me down and regulates my breathing.

I do in general talk to my horse a lot, it just becomes sing songy if I'm nervous.

newrider.com