Does anyone else have absolutley no self confidence?

I've been through the having no confidence thing and come out the other side now.

I went through a stage of not riding Joy, paying someone else to school her 3 times a week and returned to a RS for lessons to get my confidence back.

Now I think I'm on top of it but despite having had loads of hacks and gallops, I still get the occasional 'I can't go this' twinge and have to remind myself that we are through it now. Once self confidence goes it takes longer to build up again.

:frown:
I have never had much confidence, it has only come with age and experience. But with it has come conscience. I frequently don't do things because of what I perceive could happen. I put off things I don't want to do and delay decisions until I have micro managed an answer, often taking years to think about it. So now I have confidence warring with conscience. I am no better off. I always put my family first and generally take a back seat. I just wish I had bags of confidence and a devil may care attitude. Then perhaps I would just go ahead and buy that pony I have been saving for two years for. :redface:

Pointerlady - you need the power of NR to persuade you to buy that pony!!!!!!!!!!! Fill us in on what you are after and we will most definitely talk you into it..........!!!!!!! Nobody will accuse you of not having thought it through, I mean two years................

newrider.com