Does anyone else have a YO like this?

MadMumInKent

Feb 27, 2005
Kent
Wasn't able to go up and ride today as I, along with most of my kids, am feeling pretty lousy (cold/headache etc) This evening I received a text with this pic from my Yo as follows:

Get better soon mum!
getwellsoon.jpg

I love my YO to bits, she knows how much I am missing him, having had the kids off on half term last week and not seeing much of my Plumps in the past week :)

PS Look at the state of that mane!! :eek:

thats lovely! Not many a YO would take time out and do something as sweet as that!

Hope your feeling better soon :D

aww thats a really kind and sweet thing to do.My YO is great and does help out as much as needed but he would never do something like that but then I guess its cos he's male:D

Nope I have a YO owner that tells me where the f***ing gate is if I dont f**ing like it......I was only asking her to speak to me maturely and appreciate I am not a child....:mad: :rolleyes: She is now my ex YO...:p

Me thinks that Pumpkin has been having some fun whilst Mum has been poorly...:p Get well soon MMIK..:)

Perhaps it comes with having a small yard - if there were 20 odd horses, she might think again :D

Nutkin - Tally (the Highland from down your way that I had) has had some research done from the people I sold him to, and it turned out he had 13, yes 13 :eek: homes in the past 12 years of his life. Blimey, poor thing, no wonder he was all over the place. Hopefully he's settled now, he's just moved home again, this time for a long time I hope.

Kaboo, thats a lovely thing to do! I'm impressed. Maybe we should have a YO of the year competition, cos from what I hear, the good ones are hard to come by. Nic, this proves my point entirely :eek: glad to hear you moved on!

Mehitabel - That's lovely. I do know that I couldn't have learned so much and got on so well (with ups and downs of course) in my decision to get into horse ownership without her. I think I'd have given up after a couple of weeks without the support I get there.

Thanks Nikki - am going to dose up tomorrow and grin and bear it :)

Mine used to be. Yard of a max of 8 horses, she would do things like that and treat the horse as if they were her own and give them all night cuddles etc.

Then, quite simply she turned. And as a result she lost a livery and a member of her staff (me). Funny how a 20 year old can be more mature than a woman in her 40s throwing her toys out of the pram! :rolleyes:

Yours sounds lovely though. Mine was just a c*w to say the least in the end, best friend one minute sworn enemy the next. *sigh*

poor Tally.Hopefully he will settle in his new home and it will be somewhat more permanent for him.Do you know where he has been sold to? I presume you are still in touch with the people who brought him from you.Do you think you may still get to hear how he is doing?

I have fab YO's. They have really helped me since I wascthere. Nothing is too much. they even found me a norwegian fjord horse to buy in France, got him imported for me and still offered me the option to refuse. (Questy as if I could refuse you!)

My three get the best of care love and help from two special people.

Thank you. Im honrered to call them both. MY FRIENDS. Luv ya loads.

Libbyo :)

lol bless! that is sooo sweet! hope you are all better soon.. we've all had it too :(

Oh.. and to answer the question.. NO i don't sadly.. our is a cranky 82 year old man.. actually he's pretty cool in a good mood ;) he's been around horses for donkeys years and loves em to pieces. :)

My YO is tops.. we were liveries together at a yard years ago, and became friends then, always kept in touch,albeit very sporadically, and then I moved Dolly to her yard last year... brilliant yard, brililant people... but it does help I think that there are only six of us and we all get on really well.

I've been so lucky with this yard, not only have I re-kindled my friendship with the YO, I've made some really special 'new' friends too:D

The really nice thing is that we all treat each others horses as we treat our own, so none of us have to worry if we can't get there for whatever reason, we KNOW our horses will be loved and looked after 100%:)

She sounds a gem, sadly unlike some of the YOs I hear about locally. I think it does matter what kind of yard YOs run. The smaller yards probably are best as there are obviously many more problems with a larger yard, and full liveries in particular like to think they get what they pay for, which can sometimes be difficult to comply with.

The attitude of some is unfortunately of the "well if you don't like it" brigade, and I think that is appalling, since if they take your money, they have an obligation to treat you well in my humble opinion.

You and anyone who has a caring, responsible YO are very lucky, and you should treasure her/him, as I'm sure you do.

Good Luck to you and your YO-you both deserve the best.

Roseanne xxxxxxxxx

My YO is smashing, she knows her stuff but only gives advice when asked, or gently makes a suggestion if its for the benefit of the horse.When my horse was PTS, I knew she understood the loss I felt and gave me full use of her own horse and expected nothing in return.
Her motto is (after many years of having liveries);'If you're fair with me, I'll do whatever I can for you, but if you upset everyone, then you get nothing'
I'm moving yards now and when I told her, she was so helpful and has offered to have us back anytime.I'll miss her.

Hi-I know you were just trying to be supportive, but please, less of the menopause attitude if you don't mind. It's patronising, and out of touch actually. How would you explain "young uns" throwing moodies and sulkies when they are having a bad time? "That time of the month?"

Naughty :( Don't do it again! :)

Roseanne xxxx

newrider.com