does anyone else feel meen ???

April_showers

R.I.P Chez ** my lil star
Jul 9, 2005
East Devon
www.freewebs.com
i noticed a few weeks bak that for the first time in like 14 years of riding i felt meen riding apil ............it was horrid i meen we were jus doing the same old hack and nothing was diffrent from usual

its horrid

anyone else ever thought that???

very very confused :confused:

:confused:

Not really sure what you mean...

I've never felt mean for riding Sugar. To my way of thinking she gets to do whatever she wants for 23 hours a day and I'm taking excellent care of her and paying a lot to keep her. So if I ask her to work for 1 hour a day I consider that to be nothing more than earning her keep. I don't ride her when I know she's feeling badly and I don't work her exceptionally hard--really she's got it pretty easy.

I don't think you should feel mean to ride your horse. It is what we have domesticated them to do-they know no difference. And once we take horses and limit their space to run and keep fit, it is cruel to not exercise them.
If you always know your horses athletic limits and make the ride fun and enjoyable, I am sure your horse will like getting the exercise.

Most horses enjoy being ridden anyway, so as long as you make the effort to vary her rides and let her do some of the work she enjoys (jumping for some horses) then why should you feel guilty?

im not sure but i read april_showers post as feeling mean because she rides her the same hack day in day out, am i right there or got the wrong end of the stick? if that is what you meant, yeah i totally understand what you mean, i always think do they get bored, spes when my pony was lame with arthritus, for about 2 months he could only be ridden for max of 30 minutes, there is only one hack that is the right length so for 2 months solid he was doing the same thing practically every day, we did try to vary it by going a different way and then coming back the same way, but even then thats not that interesting! :D
may have got the wrong end of the stick here! :)

newrider.com