Does anyone else ever feel like this?

H

heartofrainbow

Ive been having trouble with my youngster having foot infections on and off for the last 2 months, as some of you may know. And my other pony has not been very well either over the last few days.

It is really stressing me out, this is not helped by the fact that neither of them are very good patients and don't cooperate!!

I just feel really upset and stressed about it all!

Does anyone else get like this? And how do you cope?

Yes i most definatly do and i cope by whinging on sites like this!!

Sometimes it feels like you might as well just give up on the little buggars!
I have had absolute hell with my horse over this last year and still am having problems.

I think you have to really try and focus on the good times and when things go right and try not to focus on the bad bits.
Have you tried Eucalyptus oil? apparently very goog for hoof problems.
Also i was told Milton - baby fluid is great for hoof infections.
Sorry i cant really help much more but just to say no your not alone , everyone go's through rubbish horse times, some more than others sadly but hoof infections and babiness wont last forever and you WILL get there!;)
Chin up and keep smiling xxx

Sorry to hear your having a rubbish time. I have no experience of this but sounds like things are just starting to get on top of you.

Ditto - think of all your great times you've had and you'll soon come out the other side smiling.

I hope everything gets better for you.

Keep smiling and vent as much as you feel necessary on here! ;)

not quite the same but a couple of years ago i was having some serious car troubles (one thing after another after another etc...) as well as work stress and money issues and it was really getting me down!! My then boss suggested (and this sounds really REALLY silly but it worked for me) that i get myself a note book and at the end of every day write down three positive things about that day. Really helped me to see that it wasn't all that bad and that there were things that were going right too.

Yeah, I have been like this but not thru horses being sick............been a crap three years but next year will be my year...I'm determined not to give up on horses cos I just love being around them..........

Soooo stick in there.......xx

Last edited:
Thanks you guys!

Feeling alot better today! Think it was just everything getting on top of me and all at once! It has just been a bit of a stressful time at the moment, in general!

Had lovely cuddles today, and both were very well behaved when bandaging my youngster and just generally caring for my other ponio!

hehe, I think everyone has those days - but gald to hear you did have a better one!

Do you have a friend who can see to the horses every now and then? I share responsibility with my friend if I want a day off, and we take turns! Im down there in the field most days, but occasionally I give my friend a call, and she sorts me out!
(oh, just found a chocolate covered honey nut cornflake in my bra....just thought Id let you know as it was mid post!)

Anywho....what is it your horse is suffereing with? If its thrush, TCP helps to get rid of the infection, then when it has dried, cover it in green tea tar...it is an anti sceptic, and also forms a water proof barrier...great stuff!

hehe, I think everyone has those days - but gald to hear you did have a better one!

Do you have a friend who can see to the horses every now and then? I share responsibility with my friend if I want a day off, and we take turns! Im down there in the field most days, but occasionally I give my friend a call, and she sorts me out!
(oh, just found a chocolate covered honey nut cornflake in my bra....just thought Id let you know as it was mid post!)

Anywho....what is it your horse is suffereing with? If its thrush, TCP helps to get rid of the infection, then when it has dried, cover it in green tea tar...it is an anti sceptic, and also forms a water proof barrier...great stuff!

Lol! Thats a good find!
My youngster somehow managed to puncture her foot, and then an infection has developed. Unfortunately it is near the heel of her foot, so my farrier cannot cut too deep as it will unstablise the foot. The infection is just taking some time to drain out.
Thanks for the advice, I will try it!

OMG Ashlea....you are truly a nutter :rolleyes:;) (in nice way tho!! Heheheh)....I didn't know they made chocolate covered honey nut cornflakes.....feel I've really missed out.....need to go to Tesco immediately......

P.s. I actually laughed so much that I snorted in a very unladylike fashion and scared the 2 semi feral kittens into a corner.....LOL

Last edited:
newrider.com