Do You Watch Any Soaps?

Flipo's Mum

Heavy owner of a Heavy
Aug 17, 2009
Perthshire, Scotland
I'm currently being forced to endure Eastenders and bored out of my mind!
Used to watch neighbours when I was a kid at school but now don't go near any of them, not interested, I don't feel I'd have enough time and they always strike me as being so miserable and cartoonish.

So do you watch any soaps?

No not since I moved out of home to go to Uni, my mum still watches Eastenders and when I go and visit her I get completely lost on the plot as so much has happened since I last watches it! I just don't have the time to watch a soap 3 times a week anymore plus the storylines are completely ridiculous arnt they!

Yes I think that's what gets me crinklesb, they make the villains into super psychos and I think people start to believe its real life and folk have vendettas lol!!

I watch neighbours because its a "lighthearted" soap - bad things don't happen that often!!!!

I can't watch corrie etc as they make me miserable! Neighbours is my compromise but even that I don't watch avidly anymore

I never watch East Enders, it is so depressing and totally dull, I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to have a life so flat as they have. It is so boring.

I do watch Emmerdale,on and off but, thats not really a good reflection of life either. Plus in real life wouldn't they all be interbred by now?

I am a lifetime fan of Coronation Street, it is so funny, again not very true to life but it holds some issues that Jeremy Kyle folks could heed.

They are all bonkers really, don't any of them ever get out of work/their street etc?

None. never have never will, I don't get home until around 8 and have dinner with the TV off so OH and I can talk. I then go on NR and read a book.

Nope. Grew up on Neighbours (loved it), dabbled in Hollyoaks as a teenager (hated it), watched some Eastenders at uni (ditto). Stopped watching TV completely when I moved abroad 8 years ago, watched a bit of Sky occasionally but these days I barely watch TV at all.

Eastenders is a guilty pleasure of mine, but I don't watch any others. I don't have a TV license where I live at uni so have to use iPlayer to catch up!

When I was little (primary school) I used to love Neighbours!

Dont watch any, but sometimes catch the Archers on the old wireless when I'm either cooking or washing up.

You can miss it for months and then pick up the plot really quickly, bit like my real village.

I watch Eastenders if it happens to be on but I don't make a point of it. If its in the middle of a particularly harrowing storyline and I'm on a downer then I won't watch it.

Neighbours, I never miss. I tend to watch them on catch up back to back to get me through the ironing if its not F1 season.

I've never watch any of the others as I rarely watch ITV anyway.

nope...well very occassionally if i happen to turn the TV on i may watch Neighbours or Home & Away, but generally nope! and i can have months between watching them so have no idea who people are so tbh its pointless!

Nope, I really can't stand them, they're so full of misery!

On the other hand I have recently become totally addicted to NCIS :ninja:

Oh well, clearly I am a sad psycho!!

I watch Eastenders, Corrie, Emmerdale and my fave - Made in Chelsea.

I love them, don't find them remotely depressing, but equally don't believe they are real life!!

Oh well, clearly I am a sad psycho!!

I watch Eastenders, Corrie, Emmerdale and my fave - Made in Chelsea.

I love them, don't find them remotely depressing, but equally don't believe they are real life!!

Well clearly that makes me one as well, Millions can't be wrong.

I just watch Corrie. Used to watch them all but found that they were on so often that I couldn't keep up with them and when I realised that I wasn't bothered about missing them, gave up. I do enjoy corrie though and have it series linked to record as I'm rarely in when it's on 'live'. That way, I can have a good old catch up when it's too miserable/ dark to be out horsing.

I'm currently being forced to endure Eastenders and bored out of my mind!
Used to watch neighbours when I was a kid at school but now don't go near any of them, not interested, I don't feel I'd have enough time and they always strike me as being so miserable and cartoonish.

So do you watch any soaps?

I hate them!!! Corrie is the worst one tho as it doesn't seem to matter how many years you haven't watched it for - the same faces with the same expressions are there!:devil:
Now years ago I was a fan of Brookside!:wub:

newrider.com