Do you play games with your horse when bringing in?

Dark Storm

Well I'll be a Krampus's Auntie! :D!
Jan 4, 2009
Hadfield
My game is when I get my big lad in, when I shout him, he looks up, walks a few steps, then pretends to eat... I'll walk down a bit more, then, turn round and say "See you".. I'll then hear the sound of a horse trotting, as he suddenly thinks "By eck, she's actually going without me!" And he'll be stood right behind me:giggle:
Bailey on the other hand plays, 'I'm sticking to you' If I don't go in the field with a feed.. he'll come and stand right next to me in a submissive posture and follow me all round the field.. he loves a cuddle and gets one everytime:inlove:
What are your party tricks?

Rio is invariably keener to come in that Tess, so often hangs around near the gate at breakfast or tea time, whereas Tess can be miles away. I usually get a lovely greeting from Rio, and if I run past her she'll toss her head, break into a trot and even throw in a couple of little bucks. Which is pretty exciting by her standards :)

Both of mine come to call, normally at the canter. It's normally lovely but recently my two have been racing each other and seem to want to be the one to put the brakes on last and hardest.

Neither have mown me down yet but there's been a few :eek: expressions from all of us at times

newrider.com