Do you like yourself in your riding hat?

Trundlecat

Jun 14, 2007
Deepest darkest South Yorkshire.
We've got Hippyhorse looking like a model in her thread & I had to comment on a photo from an absolute stranger the other day cos she looked too good in a hat too. I'm getting really paranoid cos I look like a total pleb in mine! Doesn't help I have glasses & hair that's not short but too short to tie back so pokes out of the bottom. I seriously hate myself in my riding hat, would rather wear a full face motorbike helmet to be honest. Think I've just got one of those brows & face shapes that is always doomed to look like a potty head in any kind of hat.

Anyone else the same or do I have to dislike you all? Men need not reply BTW, have yet to meet one I don't fancy in riding gear so I wouldn't believe you if you said you looked bad in yours lol.

I hate me in a hat :eek: Jockey skull caps make me look like a UFO is landing on my head, and so far the one that suits me best is my Harry Hall, but I still think I look ridiculous... but better ridiculous than broken :D
I quite fancy a motorbike-style helmet as well - when I had my bike I had a tinted visor which would be perfect for riding out on days like today and to keep the sun out of your eyes :D It was a bit warm in there, though, but I guess it would keep your ears warm in winter! :D

I just hate myself in a riding hat - I can't find a shape that suits me (unlike my daughter who looks wonderful in any shape of hat) so I think I must just have one of those faces. Slightly better in a skull-cap with silk but only marginally!!

Nope I certainly look a muppet! It would appear I technically have quite a small head so when i put a hat on they always look enormous & like they are balancing on top of my head!

So, no do not like myself in a riding hat of any description!

No it makes my head look HUGE and I look like a right pleb just look at my pics lol

And who hates hat hair????? God when I take my hat of its all flat and stuck to my forehead sticking up in places lol

And who said horsey girls are sexy lol;)

No it makes my head look HUGE and I look like a right pleb just look at my pics lol

And who hates hat hair????? God when I take my hat of its all flat and stuck to my forehead sticking up in places lol

Hat Hair - I even wear a wolly beanie in summer after riding cos I so can't do hat hair. If I can't find a wooly hat before I go to the stables (which is often in this house, we have a black hole somewhere) I switch on the knitting machine & knock a quick one off rather than go without. Defo growing my hair again cos it's so much better just to be able to tie it back.

i look manky:eek:
look terrible in a skull, better in a ventair, and still abit better when i wear bunche or pigtails:p

I have the classic mushroom head :rolleyes:

I've given in with the hat hair thing....normally I have straight, messy hair (think Elliot from Scrubs) but wax + hat + sweat = :eek:

Ah well, I look like a gimp, but at least I still have a head :D

Ooh, 11:11 make a wish.

I have a masoove head so have to buy even more masoove hats!

Once bought a velvet show hat and looked so masoove i've never worn it, time for e.bay me thinks!

My current one is ok, but still dont like looking at pics of myself in it!

So vain aint we! :eek: shocking!

i hate skull caps full stop.....

will only wear 'posh' showing hats. i have to get one with a small crown other wise it looks odd on me, but it doesnt look too bad.
hat hair is ok i just stick it in a low ponytail. tend to have a shower though because it gets greasy from my (old) hat.

lol i know having a fringe is awful!! you straighten it in the morning and when you go riding it has kinks and sticks up!!

hats just makes heads look huge and it doesnt help when you have a big head anyway!!:eek:

so to answer your question No:D

Some people do carry them off better than others..me - I'm always on the look out for something lower profile - I already have a big head, but my Harry Hall one is pretty good and I like the air vents..my skull cap type makes me look like I'm wearing an old fashioned motorcycle helmet and it also gets really hot underneath!:p

i look amazing in my hat. It's just a coincidence there are no mirrors in the tack room or the loo. As for why my children and my OH guffawing loudly I have no idea why;)

newrider.com