Do You have a Wish List?

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
So many times I've said to Dom "Ooh, we must buy that!" and then promptly forget, so I now make a wish list. I write things down, with their approximate value and then rate them in order of importance. We don't have credit cards so if we want something we do it the old-fashioned way and save and it is extremely satisfying crossing things off our little luxuries as they are obtained. And it is also a really good way of making sure I keep saving, every time I catch a glimpse of the list!! :giggle:

yes we have wish lists!

we have ticked off our wish list 'wishes' over the last 6 months in prep for the baby coming, but we would really really like a new sofa suite and a new dining room table set...but unfortunately they are just too pricey so they wont be ticked off our list for many years to come!

I have only really seen wish lists on websites - I think you can create one on most then you won't forget stuff..........lol

I haven't a written down one - but I guess I ought to start one! It would be very long and most of the things on it aren't luxuries either! (How sad is that?!).

It would go something like;
New or reconditioned quad bike that actually starts
Second hand reliable tractor
Baling equipment and bucket for tractor and post knocker
A LOT of wooden fence posts as I still have two fields to fence and feel like I'll never be able to afford to do so
Another freezer for the out building
A new stairs carpet (the one we have now is minging and threadbare)
A roof that does not leak and require pots and pans stacked under it
Paint to re-do the bedroom walls where they are stained with leakage from roof
Gravel for the front drive and membrane to go under
An oven that works -Aga still broke and I HATE it anyway
A new rug for the bathroom
A new hot tap for the bathroom cos the one I have now leaks and I'm sick of putting stuff under it
Some new crockery - we are using odds and ends from the old house with bit chips out of them!
New bedding - gosh, I have two sets that are okay (ish). Would love more.
A new settee - we have a Chesterfield. NEVER EVER buy one unless you want to keep it forever. If I could time travel to 1996 I'd cancel the bloomin order and go for cloth.

I have one as long as your arm.

Some things I have really needed and had to do without which has caused me real agro this winter. Not having the right tools for the job can make life extremelly dysfunctional and stressful.

Some things I thought I needed and have since done without, I have found I no longer need anyway so they have been crossed off.

I am still waiting for an insurance pay out thats been going on nearly a year, for some larger items I need. I think I have spent that money a million times over in my head already:rolleyes:

I will be so glad when this stupid recession is over and we can all start having a beano in the shops again.

I have loads of things where I think, 'oh that'd be nice' but not enough to actually seriously consider working towards!

Our 2 major wish list items we're actually doing this year is the loft conversion and my op.

Just thought of another: hardcore in the other two gateways and a hardcore track down to the front field (which will involve planning permission because of the neighbour!). Grrr. One day I will get through all the stuff that needs doing here and then be able to afford lessons again.............

So many times I've said to Dom "Ooh, we must buy that!" and then promptly forget, so I now make a wish list. I write things down, with their approximate value and then rate them in order of importance. We don't have credit cards so if we want something we do it the old-fashioned way and save and it is extremely satisfying crossing things off our little luxuries as they are obtained. And it is also a really good way of making sure I keep saving, every time I catch a glimpse of the list!! :giggle:

I don't - I often say "Oh, I'd like that", and when I forget it saves me lots of money, cos I didn't really want it anyway :wink:

newrider.com