Do you ever have those weeks

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Those weeks where you just don't know what day it is?

Yesterday I woke up stressing it was Thursday (got a big meeting later with a new boss) and then spent the rest of the day feeling like it was Friday and today it feels like Monday again :confused:

I feel like I'm loosing the plot!

Reactions: Trewsers
Worse than that, I seem to think it's October, have sent out 3 emails this week for meetings in October when I mean September and wrote it down twice :rolleyes: The plot was lost a long time ago in my world :p

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
My week is definitely up the creek. Had to start my winter routine with the nights drawing in as there's not enough time after work to ride and do checks on sheep and cattle before dark. Lack of sleep is giving me a headache so I'm not complice mentice. I had a part day Monday. So spent the morning getting a couple of cows in, before going to work. Tues morning I had to get up at 4am to load them. Then went to ride. Then work. Yesterday I was up at 6.30 to go to the yard. Then whipped down the garden to pick veg. Slow day at work ment I ran late and found myself rushing home for tea before going to a talk. This morning I've been and exercised both boys. Just having a quick coffee before heading off to work. Last night's late night and my 4am start is now catching up on me. I've lost the days and still have to get through tomorrow. I start calving as well next week so even more stress on my normal workload and new routine.

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
I'm having a shitty week. Got yelled at my the YO for feeding my horse in her field (I've been there on and off for 2 years and it's never been raised as a rule/problem before - but I'd rather 'please don't do that again' than being screamed at) and an issue has come up that I don't know how to deal with (concerning some kids at my kids' school - mine are fine, it's the other kids I am worrying about) and I'm leaving work tomorrow and my new job, while exciting, is all a bit vague and I haven't had a contract yet and generally I feel like I might burst with stress. And.....breathe!

I'm glad its not just me! I am really hating the leaving home in the dark and getting back home in the dark, shorter days :(

I'm having a shitty week. Got yelled at my the YO for feeding my horse in her field (I've been there on and off for 2 years and it's never been raised as a rule/problem before - but I'd rather 'please don't do that again' than being screamed at) and an issue has come up that I don't know how to deal with (concerning some kids at my kids' school - mine are fine, it's the other kids I am worrying about) and I'm leaving work tomorrow and my new job, while exciting, is all a bit vague and I haven't had a contract yet and generally I feel like I might burst with stress. And.....breathe!
It sounds like you are battling it on every front, hopefully everything will turn a corner and get easier for you :)

I'm glad its not just me! I am really hating the leaving home in the dark and getting back home in the dark, shorter days :(

It sounds like you are battling it on every front, hopefully everything will turn a corner and get easier for you :)
Thanks! I just have a few awkward days to get through and fingers crossed it will all turn round again.

Reactions: Jessey
I am having a weird week too, I thought it was Monday on Sunday and every day this week I've woken up with my eyes feeling as if I've been crying all night, ridiculous really.

Not as bad as yours it sounds @squidsin , or my best friend's whose school has just had OFSTED descend!

Reactions: squidsin and Jessey
Well I am glad it isn't just me!
Although we lead a fairly simple life up here so far this week we've had a missing goose (which turned up in next doors mail tub), a very curious Zi who decided he was going to re arrange the hayledge store:p, several cat "presents" to deal with and OH doing twelve hour days. And being tired with listening out for the goose people during the early morning (that's another story entirely:oops:)What with that and me trying to convince him he needs to ride more......:rolleyes:anyway, tis our wedding anniversary today so we're heading into the city for tonights meal ingredients and several bolts and lengths of wood - as we're doing an extra partition in the byre. I need a nap tho......:oops:o_O

Reactions: squidsin and Jessey

Sending calming vibes. Run a nice warm bath later (lock your door and insert ear plugs if need be) light some scented candles and slap on a face mask. Ignore all requests / pleas from husband and kids for at least an hour:p

Reactions: squidsin
Well I am glad it isn't just me!
Although we lead a fairly simple life up here so far this week we've had a missing goose (which turned up in next doors mail tub), a very curious Zi who decided he was going to re arrange the hayledge store:p, several cat "presents" to deal with and OH doing twelve hour days. And being tired with listening out for the goose people during the early morning (that's another story entirely:oops:)What with that and me trying to convince him he needs to ride more......:rolleyes:anyway, tis our wedding anniversary today so we're heading into the city for tonights meal ingredients and several bolts and lengths of wood - as we're doing an extra partition in the byre. I need a nap tho......:oops:o_O
Happy anniversary! Hope your loose goose behaves and you have a lovely day. xx

Well the day has gone more to pot. I just went to check cows and Florin has calved. We had it down to start calving from next Tues. The joys of nature. Plum is due Wednesday. She usually calves a few days early. So anytime now. I'm off to bed shortly to have a few extra hours sleep.

Well, today my Tai Chi teacher explained it. It is the Autumn equinox, the shift from Summer to Autumn. Apparently this is the biggest shift in the year after Winter to Spring. Everybody will be feeling, as a dear friend of mine used to put it, more or less discomf*ckulated right now :eek:
I hadn't made the link, but yep that'll do it :)

newrider.com