Do not buy

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
An expensive Lemieux anti friction bib. Bud's fly rug was rubbing his shoulder a little as he is wearing is 24/7 as he is very very fly intolerant. So I bought this expensive bib to go under the rug which he has worn for a year without an issue. It seemed a superior product, with mane protection and a belly strap to keep it in place and a loop at the front for the chest straps to go through. The stitching on the loop failed within 2 days.

Then found him naked, the entire rug had come off over his ears and was in the field, not a strap undone. Scratched head.

Second time it happened we now have a Rhino Large Horse rug, replacement cost £90 and a missing brand new hoot boot which was keeping a poultice on. After an hour found poultice, then half an hour later found vetrap, then 15 minutes later found hoof boot, so we now have a set of 4 again.....The rug is completely in bits, no chance of repairing it, so he probably lost the boot trying to get out of it. This rug was washed last week and in perfect nick, never had issues of it coming off over his head till we used the bib.

Need to tub his foot, burco boiler which I use to bathe him for shows has packed in, expensive external drive to pc is not working.

Didn't mention soaked to the skin, as it is torrential here so everyone on the yard so they don't trash the starvation paddocks. Have lots of gorgeous grassed paddocks but of course no one is allowed to eat grass these days.

Happy Saturday....

I've used those bibs, never had a problem with them tbh. Are you sure he wasn't rubbing because he was uncomfortable in it or hot because of the extra layer?

I've used those bibs, never had a problem with them tbh. Are you sure he wasn't rubbing because he was uncomfortable in it or hot because of the extra layer?
no it was cool, when it was really hot he was on the yard and not wearing it, it was overnight when it was cool and in fact raining

Oo not a good day, especially in the rain (I got soaked to the bone doing mine this morning too), I've not used that brand but used bossy bibs for ages with no issues, tho not with fly rugs.

Don't remember the make I used with Ramsey, but didn't have problems until this year - because he was so thin and bony, he got sore on his withers, even with the bib.

newrider.com