Do I Wash, Or Don't I???

Hi, My horse gets sweaty, with white froth everytime I ride him hard, and I've been washing him on his saddle patch, dock, and mouth, and a little by the reins. I always dry him off a little with a towel, but I can't always get him completely dry, as I only have about fifteen to twenty minutes of grooming him. What should I do, just dry him off straight away without washing or do I wash him and dry him??? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I normally stick a sweat sheet or cooler on Dolly after a bath to help her dry off quicker, unless it's a gorgeous day, and then she gets to bask in the sun :)

depends on the weather, really. you shuld always wash the sweat off otherwise as it dries it'll attract flies. if it's cold out, then i';d put a rug on, towel-dry as much as you can, as showjumper says. but if it's nice and sunny and warm, then just stick the horse out - he can roll and dry off gradually. it only matters if he is goign to catch a chill from standing around wet and cold.

I think that it is fine to wash down his sweaty areas but just don't get him too wet like you are giving him a bath. Like the others have said, a sweat sheet will help him dry off.

If you are in a hot place don't worry.

When it's hot and I mean 68 + degrees ;) our lot like a hose and then let out to roll in the dust, they LOVE it, then they go off to relax.

newrider.com