DIY Livery

Claire1605

Apr 25, 2008
Essex
How much do you pay for DIY including stable.

I have a friend who needs DIY as she has to move her horse from where she is at the moment.

I will have an empty stable soon as I am selling the pony, so will have space for her horse. Have never had a livery before, so wondered how much I could charge for DIY including hay and bedding??

Depends on your area and what facilities you have. I pay £25 a week inc haylage/hay and straw bedding, stable and all year turnout, with use of outdoor arena. Not really much access to hacking. This is very reasonable.
At my last yard I was paying £40 a week inc haylage/hay, stable, all year turnout (alternate days in winter), use of outdoor arena and also 60m x 25m indoor. Access to decent hacking. We bought in our own bedding. For the area this is one of the more pricey yards.

Like said depends on set up and facilities.

I pay £20, for stable, all yr turn out (stabled at night in winter) and flood lit school, we have a full set of SJs, and part XC course.

I have paid a range from £15 p/w to £30 p/w all with hay/haylage on top.

No school for £15 p/w one but the others had facilities. I always had choice of my own paddock or turnout with others.

the place where my 2 are at the moment is £35 a week for stable and grazing including used of outdoor school and a little bit of hacking

When we move back to the farm it'll be £17.50 a week for a stable and 24/7 turn out all year if we want it. No school but a brill hacking area

I used to pay £50 a week for stable grazing and hay/straw used of a school and loads of off road hacking. Also included turn out/ catch in if wanted

The going rate for stable rent is between £20-25 where I've been..
As for the hay and straw, how much do you pay for it per order? Divide it by bales, and you'll work out the rate.. don't include these in the stable rent, add them on separate, so allowing her to buy what she needs:)

I pay £25 per week thats for stable and all year turnout.

They harvest there own hay so we pay £3.50 per bale. We have to go elsewhere for bedding :)

They usually do most of the maintenance inc topping the fields,making sure troughs work, getting rid of the muck heap etc :)

I was paying £15 a week out in middle of nowhere, but had brill hacking and an outdoor school...limited turnout

Or £16 per week for stable and 24/7 turnout, brill hacking, no school or riding paddock and no maintenance inc bad ragwort not removed...

Nither had bedding or hay. I would also charge that on top as it would remove the whole shes had too much this week or i dont feel i can use any more even though i need it as she will be cross situation. Or state price inc 2straw and 2 hay a week or something anything extra she has to buy

I'd ring around some DIY liveries in your area and compare costs.

I pay £23 per week, great hacking, 24/7 turnout all year round, stables, own paddocks, outdoor school, unlimited hay and straw. But thats a very very good deal for around this area.

I guess it would be far more expensive in your area?

I pay £232 a month this includes 5 bales of shavings unlimited Haylage and turnout 7 dys a week Theres also an outdoor arena xx

Previous share horse had similar facilities except proper winter daily turnout and a 60x20 menage with SJ, I think his owner paid £130 a month but not sure whether hay/shavings were included, I think so??

Chelmsford EC charge £108 per month but again not sure whether this includes hay etc.

Seen this:

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=316992

http://www.parklaneridingschool.co.uk/html/facilities_livery.html

Think £25-30/week would be about right for Essex, plus bedding/hay? She might use a lot more bedding that you? I'd be tempted to keep those costs separate as probably more fair and it means the stable rent you get is pure profit :)

I pay £65 per horse a month for livery and that includes my stable plus unlimited turnout, 24/7 turnout in the Summer.

However i'm unhappy there and want to move, just need to find somewhere with the same set up and price but without the people. lol

£25 a week for a unlimited grazing (24/7 turn out if I wish) included is my stable, but I rarely use it. I buy in my own bedding. Hay is supplied at cost in the winter. I haven't got a school or any facilities like that but fabulous unlimited off road hacking.

Some of these deals are sooo good!

I pay £110 a month for stable and all year turnout, inc an indoor school, outdoor schools x 2 (one is for jumping), round pen, and great off road hacking. The hay/straw is extortionate though!

Got space? I'm moving!

Afraid not!! We're so full its unbelievable. There loads of road work, 30min hack from bodmin moor, we're on the A30 which is gr8 for getting places, 30min drive from beach riding (although not been!!). I have to say I wouldnt want to move :p:p

newrider.com