Dislocated/Sticking Patella

Hiya Nat,not much help on advice but just wanted to send warm thoughts and vibes for you both and glad to hear she's abit better today.

Oh no Nat, am just so sorry. Have just seen this thread. But on the upside, if she is bit better today that has to be good.

I think with babies everything is a bit soft and not quite stuck in as it should be. I cannot for the life of me remember what one of my baby thoroughbreds had on his hock, but I was so concerned that it was because I had put him and his friend out on a steepish field.

Looking back on it now, I realise that it probably would have happened anyway, and he still went on to race and was as sound as a pound.

Am sure Dolly will recover soon, remember, she is a big boned baby, and am sure she will be fine.

Thanks Sally :happy:

She could grow out of it happening, and if I want to put her into work (which I dont) it would help strengthen the leg. You should have seen her Sally, looked like she had broken her leg, looked a lot worse than it is but god I thought she was going to be pts!

Concerns now are that she injures herself whilst waiting for it to go back in:redface:

She was better yesterday, but this morning it looks sore again and she is slightly dragging her toes when walking. She is due to start some bute today so hopefully she is just sore still:happy:

Thanks for thinking of us:happy:

2 of ours had patella issues as youngsters, we did loads of walking up and down hills to stregthen muscles - and 24/7 turnout - took about 12/18 months for it to totally sort itself out - no problems since.

We have a very large (17hh ) 4 yr old on the yard at the moment who has patella issues - they just can't seem to get it sorted........

Hiya again Nat,just wondering if dolly has improved with having some Bute for a couple of days and hoping your both well.

Ah that's very thoughtful of you, yes she is loads better now, just a little cautious on it but that's good in a way:happy:

Thank you for asking:happy:

Lemme, hoping hers will come well and end up just being a locking stifle on investigation so am crossing my fingers

If its stifle mine had issues with both backs, grew out of it which the vet said was likely.
Hill work and physio.

newrider.com