Difference

MrC

https://m.facebook.com/MrKiasLife/
Nov 10, 2014
Uk
m.facebook.com
Just thought I would post these to show the difference that a small change in feeding, exercise meds and Dr Green can make.

I was considering having Kia PTS as no matter what I was chucking down him and how many times I had the vet out he was wasting away.

I've changed his feed which is Tiny now but more suited I think. He is on a high protein balancer, hand full of grassnuts, VitE powder, 30g of linseed and his meds (1mg of prascend daily) and gets a second feed of a double handful of grassnuts and beetpulp soaked and linseed again.

I've stopped all supplements as I wasn't seeing any difference.

So middle/end of April (before it got warmer up here )
IMG_3610.JPG IMG_3609.JPG

Last week :)

IMG_3537.JPG IMG_3535.JPG

Cautiously thinking ahead to winter now, not making any definite plans until he has had his teeth done in Sept by the vet and I assess his condition. However is all keeps going as it is then I'm looking forwards more time together :)

Dr green is wonderful :p but I bet the vit e is helping, one of the talks my Newmarket vets put on was nutrition and they had their pro nutritionist giving it, I asked how she knows a good supplement from a crap one and her answer was if it has plenty of natural vit e in it its generally good as thats the most expensive vit to add to any supp/balancer/feed. It seems to really help metabolic horses :)

Reactions: lauren123 and MrC
He's looking a lot better MrC :) . Without wanting to sound patronising I'm proud of you because it sounds like you've gone against some of your belief about feed and management in order to help Kia, but thankfully it's worked & hopefully will continue to do so.

He's looking a lot better MrC :) . Without wanting to sound patronising I'm proud of you because it sounds like you've gone against some of your belief about feed and management in order to help Kia, but thankfully it's worked & hopefully will continue to do so.

Not patronising at all. Yes I'm going against my beliefs but as long as it's manageable for me and affordable I'll give it a go :)

He is pretty much retired now though I did have a few fluid plans but they have been scrapped :)

Reactions: Trewsers
Not patronising at all. Yes I'm going against my beliefs but as long as it's manageable for me and affordable I'll give it a go :)

He is pretty much retired now though I did have a few fluid plans but they have been scrapped :)

I am glad it is working out. Sometimes I think we have to flex things about a bit, I didn't want madam in a paddock and in at night, I was rigid in my belief of 24/7 free ranging. But until that leg is much much better then she's in a different routine. But she looks happy and isn't complaining. And I am sure your lovely boy is the same:)

Reactions: MrC
He looks fab now. Long may it continue.

I'm starting Raf on Vit E now, although as he's being picky with his feed again it's quite hard to get it into him. He wolfs his hay, dried grass and carrots but hard feed is not appetising at all. Out of interest, which balancer are you using?

He looks fab now. Long may it continue.

I'm starting Raf on Vit E now, although as he's being picky with his feed again it's quite hard to get it into him. He wolfs his hay, dried grass and carrots but hard feed is not appetising at all. Out of interest, which balancer are you using?

I'm using the ultimate balancer. It's higher in starch than I would like and I will be switching him to spillers soon as it's lower in starch but with all the same levels. He hasn't reacted to it in his normal fashion and his feet have been great but it's niggling me a bit so he will go into the spillers senior as soon as this bag is done, similar price etc as well :)

I'm using the ultimate balancer. It's higher in starch than I would like and I will be switching him to spillers soon as it's lower in starch but with all the same levels. He hasn't reacted to it in his normal fashion and his feet have been great but it's niggling me a bit so he will go into the spillers senior as soon as this bag is done, similar price etc as well :)

Thanks, I've just had a quick google. Raf's on the Saracens Stamm 30 at the moment, which I've just discovered is higher protein (30%) and lower starch (5.1%) than the Spillers, so there seems little point in changing. Other than the fact that half the time he doesn't eat it of course ...

Thanks, I've just had a quick google. Raf's on the Saracens Stamm 30 at the moment, which I've just discovered is higher protein (30%) and lower starch (5.1%) than the Spillers, so there seems little point in changing. Other than the fact that half the time he doesn't eat it of course ...

I got some samples of balancer from different companies and Kia turned his nose up at a lot of them :rolleyes: he ate the spillers senior and daily balancer, the DH ultimate and The baileys Outshine. I stayed away from top spec as he reacted badly to their balancer last time. So I had those to go between I took the ultimate as a starter. He is scoffing it dry and soaked and same with the spillers :)

Reactions: Bodshi
newrider.com