diet tips?

LokiSofi

Oct 11, 2003
New forest
I've never been a big person and have always been active and often underweight. But recently I've piled on the pounds and Im now a stone overweight. Not a lot to most but i have a huge phobia of being fat and even just a stone I feel disgusting. I've always been very active and a bit of a fitness freak but due to new job I've got lazy as i often finish late and after i've been and done the horses and ridden Misty then cooked dinner i don't feel like exercising so tend to cook dinner then flake out.
So what are all you lovely peoples diet tips, or motivational tips for exercising? Desperately need help:eek::eek:

Drink lots of water, chop fruit up to nibble on through the day. Walk briskly when ever you are up and about. Eat lots of salads, now the weather is nice its easier. Buy yourself something a size smaller to motivate you or buy a horsey wear treat and dont wear it until you have acheived a goal even 7 lb at a time. Good luck, im in the same position :rolleyes:

Someone's just suggested to me to change the scales into kg rather than lbs. I don't know why its supposed to help but I'm giving anything a go.
Drink water first if you feel hungry it might just be thurst, always have breakfast, frozen milky ways if you're needing chocolate, 15 minute rule, if still hungry in 15 mins then get something to eat. Oh and being incredibly organised - which is my failing - if you have your meals all planned out then you don't get in the situation at 9pm at night not having had your dinner yet and wondering what to have and then just stuffing your face with any old thing:rolleyes:.

Green tea, peppermint tea, sugar free cordial, lots of liquid to distract you from being hungry :) snack on fruit and veggies, a bowl of low fat/sugar cereal with skimmed milk is good if you're really starving, and try and eat plenty of lean protein as it keeps you full for longer. Try not to eat too late at night especially carbs although I know that's hard when your life is busy busy! Aim for your diet being 1/2 fruit/veg, 1/4 lean protein, 1/4 carbs. Make your own fat free veggie soup and keep it in the fridge so you have can have a snack ready in 2 minutes. Try to have smaller portions, chew properly and only go for seconds if you're still hungry after 20 minutes. Cut down on alcohol *sad face* ...'bad' alcohol anyway, nobody takes away my white wine and gin 'n' slims! :p

Can make you a bit obsessive but you could try writing down everything you eat, as it 1) makes you notice what your weak points or bad habits are, and 2) kind of works as a deterrent as it's pretty depressing to add '... 4 Krispy Kremes, a family size tin of Quality Street and the remains of OH's packed lunch' at the end of a day of trying to be good!! :eek:

Exercise wise it sounds like you're doing a fair bit with the horses but can you go for a jog or brisk walk at lunchtime? Can you walk or cycle to work or to see the horses instead of driving? (don't know if you drive just a suggestion). Could you squeeze in 15 minutes of skipping on a rope (fab exercise!) first thing to get your metabolism going?

Good luck, a stone isn't much to lose, I have also today commenced a modest regime attempting to shift a few pounds that have crept on over winter and refused to go away! Spent the afternoon researching lunchtime bootcamps, god help me!!!

The only way I can loose any weight is by not touching any junk food at all. If I have any, thats it I just pig out. I have recently put on a few lbs, and so I am not eating any junk at all at the moment. I just have toast and yoghurt for brekkie, fruit for lunch and normal dinner with some bread. If I keep busy I'm never hungry anyway, so I just make sure I'm always on the go and the weight falls off. Probably not the healthiest way to loose it...

On the plus side I should be back down to my normal weight within the week! :)

Exercise wise it sounds like you're doing a fair bit with the horses but can you go for a jog or brisk walk at lunchtime? Can you walk or cycle to work or to see the horses instead of driving? (don't know if you drive just a suggestion). Could you squeeze in 15 minutes of skipping on a rope (fab exercise!) first thing to get your metabolism going?

!

can't walk or cycle for walk unfortunately as most of my day is spent in the car andI can cover 100-200 miles a day and although i'd get skinny don't think i'd survive long:p Horses are 15 miles away and although i could probably cycle it I don't think i'd feel like doing anything when i got there. I've got a wii fit and have been trying hard to motivate myself to spend 1/2 hour to an hour on that each night.........I've managed 1:eek:

newrider.com