Diet of ice cream and soup

sjames86

Nov 25, 2009
Birmingham
I went into the Dental Hospital to have two widsom teeth removed yesterday.
Surgeon told me it would take about 15 minutes to get them both out. Top one popped out in seconds then he started on the bottom one.
Well, what should have been a 10 minutes extraction took him 40 minutes :eek: and instead of the usual 1 vial of local anaesthetic i had to have 5!!!
What an ordeal.
I am on strong pain killers so not in much pain but it is very sore and stiff and i cant open my mouth more than about a centimeter, and annoyingly i cant smile at the moment :rolleyes:

My mum had to go and see to Ruby last night and i really missed her, didnt realise how much i enjoy going everyday to her.
I am going up later to get her in and feed her but got to take it easy when i do. Glad she is a good girl.

I cant wait until this all wears off!

Oh poor you. Take it easy.

Hope you get to see Ruby later. I'm sure she will make you feel heaps better.

At least you have the excuse to try as many different flavoured ice creams as you wish!

I think I shall be going for a wisdom tooth extraction soon...... not looking forward to that, one of mine seems to be intent on causing as much pain as possible!!!

Although could quite happily live on ice cream....hehe

At least you have the excuse to try as many different flavoured ice creams as you wish!

that's the problem, i dont actually like ice cream, lol! Or soup! So i am really not enjoying my new diet :rolleyes:

My tooth was so hard to extract because it was impacted (growing sideways) and the surgeon found it was like mush inside so he struggled to cut it into pieces to get out. Bottom wisdom teeth are harder to remove. Which tooth are you having pulled?

it isnt actually as bad as i thought. Or atleast it wouldnt have been had my tooth been behaving.

If you need the top ones removed they are so easy to get out and i would say go for it. Bottom ones are harder but still okay if they arent impacted.

As bad as it was for me i am so glad i had it done as the pain of the toothache was soul destroying and i'd have an awkward extraction over that kind of toothache any day!

Ow!

What is the point of wisdom teeth - pointless waste of growing effort. They are nearly always manky or submerged or impacted...

Hope you feel better soon and that noone makes you laugh in the meantime.:p

My tooth was so hard to extract because it was impacted (growing sideways) and the surgeon found it was like mush inside so he struggled to cut it into pieces to get out. Bottom wisdom teeth are harder to remove. Which tooth are you having pulled?

Have a guess.... yup bottom one that seems to be growing sideways :rolleyes: oh well, just need to find a dentist, might have to go private nowhere around here is taking on NHS patients :(

How are you feeling? Do hope you are not in pain - bloody teeth eh?! We can put a man on the moon, transmit via satellite all over the globe and do open heart surgery but still teeth need pulling.............! You must look afteryourself - I am particularly wussy about teeth. (Hence having a set of horrible looking ones as I am too scared to go the dentist !)

Poor you, I know how you feel.

Had all of mine, all impacted out in go. Had them done in hospital under a general, didn't feel a thing until I came round.

I had three out under general about 10 years ago, wouldn't have done it any other way! The remaining one is growing sideways under the gum and has not bothered me - touch wood - so far. Yup, mashed food and lukewarm liquids for a while, and you'll look like you've been boxing with Mike Tyson very soon indeed :D

newrider.com