Diet diary?

I was failing to lose weight in January so in April inspired by Wall switched to the 2 day fasting diet.
The fasting days are not the problem.
I am very confused about conflicting advice on the non-fasting days.

Losing a stone and a half is wonderful for you Wally, but I am losing much less than that. May be 3lbs in the six weeks since the start of April.

Having lost a stone last year, and then seen it all come creeping back, I started again after Easter; I just try and eat less of everything, almost no alcohol, and no unnecessary food (crisps, sweets, biscuits ..). After a few frustrating weeks where nothing happened, it seems to be working now - I've lost nearly half a stone. Still, that's what happened last time - lost tons of weight at the beginning, then got stuck and bored with the whole process. I wonder if I'd manage this 2 / 5 thing; the advice I've read seems to be against it, but I suppose it depends how you do it ...

Linda, I am not sure what it would be like for someone riding every day - but with my life, only riding two days a week at the moment, eating very low two days a week is no problem. I feel tired the following day but dont ride those days.
I complain that I have not lost weight - as compared to "normal dieting" but I havent put any on. The trend is downwards. I reckon that is due to overall calory reduction (which is known to be effective). Averaged out one is eating slightly more than 1000 calories a day. Or 10% less than one's daily need - which is supposed to be the healthy remedy.
And the greatest benefit of this diet is that people stick to it.
As one eats normally so much of the time, one might imagine one's weight wont shoot up again. But mine did when I cooked a very good dinner for friends last w.e. I ate a lot and drank quite a bit. That little feast set me back 2 weeks. Like Owned by Changer, I love to eat and I cook too -
I think the diet only works if one eats healthily and carefully on the other days. It doesnt give you a licence to eat everything.

newrider.com