Did anybody watch the documentary about the Bears?

fairlady

Jul 14, 2007
Bristol
Shown over two nights.........Oh my, I can't remember when I enjoyed watching a programme so much, it was a fascinating insight into the world
of the Brown Bear and peoples misconceptions about them.

I was devastated when the Mum left her Cub to fend for herself and then
delighted when they were reunited again.

On the edge of my seat when it was 'Bear hunting season' and totally
admired the Hunter Dave, that was then prepared to meet the Bears in person.

Fabulous programme/Documentary and I wish there were more programmes like that on TV.

It was on over three nights. Was such a lovely program.

I did notice that their hand gesture for no food seemed to make the younger bears a bit wary like it was a bit of an aggressive gesture and they started lip smacking/blowing etc. He was also encouraging Hope to climb on him for food - not a good idea considering she will grow into a massive bear (it annoys me when people do that with puppies and foals thinking its cute).

Was also on the edge of seat when it bit him! I was amazed at how calm the bloke was in all the white knuckle situations especially around Juliet the bear.

It was on over three nights. Was such a lovely program.

I did notice that their hand gesture for no food seemed to make the younger bears a bit wary like it was a bit of an aggressive gesture and they started lip smacking/blowing etc. He was also encouraging Hope to climb on him for food - not a good idea considering she will grow into a massive bear (it annoys me when people do that with puppies and foals thinking its cute).

Was also on the edge of seat when it bit him! I was amazed at how calm the bloke was in all the white knuckle situations especially around Juliet the bear.

I must have missed an episode then. I was amazed as well about how
calm the chap was in all situations, almost to the point of being a bit
too sure about how they would react.

Fabulous programme though, I loved it:happy:

Hubby and I have loved it too. I'd have a bear burger. There are lots of animals that I think are cute or respect that I still eat :redface:

I watched a bit of it, it must be lovely to be able to get so close to them. Couldn't eat a bear burger though :redface:

I, too, thought it was fab, and enjoyed every minute. There are so few programmes on of this quality, so it was a real treat. Gordon Buchanan is such a lovely man, too. It was touching to see how attached to them he became.

I was another one who was on the edge of my seat when Lily left Hope, and during the hunting season. I was amazed and delighted when Lily and Hope were reunited. It's not often that a programme involves and touches you so much. I just wish there were more like this.

I also enjoyed the stargazing programme, though I don't think Jonathan Ross added anything to it. I'm not a fan. I go to an astronomy group and was surprised to find that the concensus there was that it was pretty bad. As a real amateur, I thought it was interesting and accessible.

There are some reasons to own a telly then?!!!!! I miss the good stuff and the bad don't I?!
I remember years ago watching a Panda programme, it was fab, made OH and me laugh like mad as they are so lazy. Poor panda's they can't really get enough nutrients to give themselves much energy - such a shame. They can't even be bothered getting jiggy with each other during the breeding season......lol

newrider.com