Did a slightly different hack!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Gosh, just call me Mrs Brave!lol. Took Storm (well rather she took me, as she walked round the school once, then nosed the gate open as if to say "come on Mum, sun's shining off we go"!) for a hack today on a different route. Not that it was a long one...........
But, we went down the road round the bend and down into our front field which she hasn't seen for a long time properly (OH took her a couple of weeks ago but that doesn't count!). Anyways, the gnome that lives next door to me has planted a mini orchard which she's never seen before, so it was lots of horsey snorts as we passed by that, and then we went down "no mans land" (a strip of land we own that was under dispute a few years ago!) and then we bravely went past her old stable - think she remembered!!! The rushes are properly knee high and are home to nesting curlews atm, so I didn't want to disturbe them (or use the grab strap!!!!) so did a small circle before coming back up the track (with me nattering away to her remembering how Joe used to hate that particular ride!!!!lol) and then up to the house to the front door no less! hahahaha, wish I'd had the phone to take a pic! And then following some snorting, around the back field (we were very considerate to the resting pregnant sheepies) and back to the stable. All in all very good and I lived to tell the tale - despite having a bit ofa jitter when I set off because we were going the opposite way to normal.
So, feeling very confident atm, and my advice to anybody is to try small and move bigger! Tomorrow I am going to attempt a "circular".........

Wow. How come when the sun's out you are so chilled? Put every one of these little jaunts into the brave bank. You and Storm have all spring and summer to extend and explore, little by little.

Very impressed. You are really off and :running: now................

Thanks Selside! I definitely need to "save" all these good moments up for when the winter rears his head again!!
It is strange because she is still "looking" at stuff, but it doesn't bother me the same? I just push her on and hope for the best! hehehehee.

lol you should move to Texas then. No winter.
Congrats on the achievements :)

OH would love to come and live in Texas - he loves America - one of these days he says we will grow too old to keep horses and so we will travel about America in a huge winnebego and sit at night exchanging stories of our colourful life together...........lol (I'd personally settle for a small lottery win and come live there now with the girls!!!! Am sure they'd travel well.....!)

Well done. I love to hear other peoples success stories of hacking. Sounds like you have a really positive ride and I hope that it continues tomorrow.

newrider.com