Derby House

laz

Oct 9, 2004
Central Scotland
Visit site
Does anyone else have issues with Derby house?? I think their customer service is appalling and I wish they would stop doing offers on fb when the items are not in stock. I ordered a pair of johdpurs on the 4th March and have still heard nothing but they have taken the money out my account. Low and behold they put another offer on for these johds at the weekend when there not in stock :furious: I am never using them again. Never have problems with ride away or premier equine. What on earth has happened to them they used to be quite good as well.

I had two rubbish experiences in a row now ... first a rug I ordered did not turn up after 4 weeks. On contacting them I was told they never had it in stock in the first place! replacement took ages to arrive.

after I complained they gave me a £10 gift voucher.

Then, when I used the voucher, the stuff took another 3 weeks to arrive and I had to chase up with them AGAIN.

first time I thought 'bad luck, sh*t happens' - second time ... enough

not impressed!

Good stuff crap customer services.

Boots that are on FB at the moment could not get my ankle in (I have slim ankles) let alone do up cost me a £10 to send back and 4 months to get money back.

Rug ordered they sent turn out not stable, stable not in stock, took lots of phone calls and at least 2 months to get money back gave me a £10 voucher which I used but they took the full amount.

Don't use them now

I have ordered 2 pairs of jods off them because they were on offer on fb. Great, I need new jods I thought...

I phoned up and asked how long they thought it might take for them to arrive. The woman on the phone said that they'd just arrived in stock so once they were booked into the warehouse and their system they'd be shipped within a few days. It has been over 1 week now and when I check the status of my order on their website it says "awaiting stock"! I don't hold out much hope tbh but they took the money off me straight away which I thought was pretty bad - most sites only take the money from you when the items have been shipped!

Ive found complaining publically on these company Facebook pages has earned a very fast comeback!

What does everybody think about the actual store?! I used to be a fan but the last couple of visits, I get the distinct impression they are doing ME a favour - not the other way around - they have a very superior attitude in there..................

Last time I went into Derby House, was to see Katy Price sign some book she had brought out ( elder daughter wanted one) prior to that I hadnt stepped foot in one. I much Prefer Robbies it just seemed a bit sparse in DH and not much choice really for price ranges. ( and the cafe in Robbies nom nom nom!)

What does everybody think about the actual store?! I used to be a fan but the last couple of visits, I get the distinct impression they are doing ME a favour - not the other way around - they have a very superior attitude in there..................

I liked our old Derby House store before they closed it down :( One of the nice women who worked there has moved to another local tack shop. It is great in there, they really try to help you out but it is a bit expensive for some things and there isn't a huge amount of choice (for example they have 2 types of white jods - really cheap ones that you can see your pants through or really lovely expensive ones which I cannot afford - no inbetween...) :unsure: I do usually find what I'm looking for there but I usually end up spending more than I had originally planned!!!

I try and avoid them, their orders take so long to arrive. I recently gave them another go because the 4 items I wanted all had in stock 2-4 days delivery on them.. So out goes the money straight away and nothing arrives, not even an email, eventually phone them and there is a 3 week wait on an item so they are holding on to everything? Errr but you have my money?! They refunded me one item because they didn't seem to know if they could even get it and gave me next day delivery instead but even so it was a good reminder of how crap they are so I won't order from them for a while!

I ordered a lung line months ago, its never come and TBH i'd forgotton about it until I read this thread.

Derbyhouse are quite pants, i have never got an order of multiple items all in one parcel, its a pain when things show in stock then take weeks.

I'm just not going to bother with them any more.

I have not used derby house for years but did used to 7-8 years ago and back then I never haf any issues with them,things always came on time and they were always very helpful in advice on rig sizes and such things.its a shame they aren't like that now as I always found them good.

I have not used derby house for years but did used to 7-8 years ago and back then I never haf any issues with them,things always came on time and they were always very helpful in advice on rig sizes and such things.its a shame they aren't like that now as I always found them good.

Yup - they used to be brilliant, I ordered online from then frequently. Tehn when they closed loads of stores their online shop also went downhill :(

They are shipping half my order to me now, the rest of the stock was apparently delayed so they'll send it out separately. They did also give me a £10 voucher. I'm not sure whether to use it or not lol!

My johdpurs came the day and they actually fit thankfully. Seen it took so long to get them. There actually not bad for there own make they just need to sort out their customer skills better and stock holding.

newrider.com