Derby House Sport Fly Rug

popularfurball

Learning all the time
Jul 18, 2005
North west
Does anyone else have fitting problems? I have put madams on tonight and it drowns her, and is frankly dangerous?!

She has a 5ft derby house rug which is about 2" too long but otherwise a good fit on her - so thought I would be safe with these rugs, and ordered three (3 for 2 offer!). I ordered a 4"9 on the premise I knew how a five ft would fit and could exchange them if needs be...

It is about 3" too long over her tail, tummy piece hangs about her knees... and on the correct velcro fastening the mask would be bigger than a "full" size mask....and you havent seen the hilarity of the ears.

She cant wear it as her feet will get stuck in the tummy piece - Im really peed off because I spent ages shopping for a UV rug and they seem to have made them for short backed elephants with giraffe legs!!!!!!

I will try one of the others on her in the morning, but needless to say a bemused phone call is heading thier way!

ohh i really dnt envy you trying to get anywhere with derby house.

They do really good offers but when it comes to returns they are rubbish i had endless problems and im still awaiting my postage to be refunded.

good luck :giggle:

I have two of the sport rugs, no problems at all. The tail flap is extra long in the design, one of the reasons I got them, but the belly flap and necks fits perfect on both horses. :happy:

08541d4c.jpg

54bef8b5.jpg

4e5aecd1.jpg

Really strange!! I love extra long tail piece but the seam is 3" down her tail - enough to make me get a 4"6 but I don't know if that will solve tummy problems?:/

I'm sorry silv but I did lol!

I would defo be on the phone. Or email and send the pictures - I think the fly mask picture sums it up!! Concidering it's supposed to keep bugs out its not exactly snug!!

AWWWWWWWWW bless hun am sorry am laughing here bless Madam xx just isnt right is it SORRY for laughing but she looks so damn cute

Oh dear, the mask really is special :giggle:

If you like the rug couldn't you just tailor it to fit? All it would take would be to sew a fold in the belly pad so it was snugger, probably only 10 minutes work & the cost of some cotton.

I am sending them back to have them compared incase it was an odd batch - but just find it so strange. She is a stocky 11"3 - alright she is skinny at the moment, but she has more bone than average little welshs. She usually takes a 5ft rug, so if anything I was worried it would be too small, I just can't understand how it has been designed?

They said they haven't received any similar feedback and suggested sending it back to be compared.

It would allow her skin to breathe much more carthorse and I do like the rug - though I would have to move the surcingles as they are "low" surcingles which would make fabric prone to ripping in those areas. Would also have to shorten back length and buy a new mask (need mask to protect face from sun)

I've just reread the fold... Much better idea. I prefer this set up as she keeps getting legs stuck in surcingles and legs traps and sure a thin strap must really hurt. At least it would be better pressure if she got stuck (rug slips when she rolls)

newrider.com