Definitely a purebred arabian!!

horse91

Dec 24, 2005
So, I have an arabian filly. Over here in Syria, papers and pedigree are VEEEERY VERY rare ie. we just memorize the sire and dam. So, the previous owner of my filly said that he is sure she is at least 7/8 arabian but isnt really sure. After I bought her, I was looking at her and i THINK shes a purebred. Some guy who started studying genetics but never finished said that shes definitely a purebred. Is it me or is she really a purebred? I would love for her to be a purebred so maybe I am looking at her from a different prospective.
I do not really know many people around here but I did hear that Chev studied genetics, so please take a look and tell me what you think. Everyone else, please look ALSO!
Image07.jpg

Image06.jpg

Image04.jpg

Image03.jpg

lateSEPTEMBER2005.jpg

PS: anyone that is a genetics professional that I didnt mension, im sorry i just dont know;)

A 7/8 Arabian would look very much like a purebred Arabian! The only way you would know for sure is to have her DNA or blood typed. However, I am not sure what other horse breeds you have in Syria that she could be cross-bred with. It would be helpful if we could have a full body photo of her, preferably from the side.

thanks

I will definitely get a photo from the side but just as you said...over here in Syria, there are only arabians, warmbloods, and horses that would make a great jumper...I dont really see any other breeds.

thank you

I have had two top Arab breeders think my girl is purebred! She is not! Also my friend breeds arab x welsh's (my girls breeder) and she breeds up to a high % of Arab, to be honest you wouldn't really know they were not pure bred!! So i think you need to have her DNA'd to make 100% sure! Here is a pic of an Arab, is he pure bred or not???

Me and Damion

Damionandme.jpg

Damion and Kirby his half sister!

jackies8.jpg

Natalie

nat2.jpg

None of these horses are Pure bred!!! Nearly but not, they couldn't be shown as Pure bred Arabs!!!

There are lots of lovely Arab breeders on this forum, they will be happy to speak to you:

http://www.arabianlines.com/forum1/default_new.asp

Egyptian Arabs tend to be one of the most spirited type, they are more extreme with looks and tend to be mainly the show horses. They are very typy and very beautiful. They are ther thinner type and tend to be taller than most Arabs too. Some have bred them to be very, hmmm, weak in the quarters and have bad legs, Although I love thier beauty, I prefer the Polish and crabbet type which are more performance Arabs and are better for being ridden. They too are beautiful!!

What a cute face on that horse!

Arabmare said:
Egyptian Arabs tend to be one of the most spirited type, they are more extreme with looks and tend to be mainly the show horses. They are very typy and very beautiful. They are ther thinner type and tend to be taller than most Arabs too. Some have bred them to be very, hmmm, weak in the quarters and have bad legs, Although I love thier beauty, I prefer the Polish and crabbet type which are more performance Arabs and are better for being ridden. They too are beautiful!!

The Polish arab I'm currently leasing came from a half Egyptian arab half Polish arab Dam - To a full polish arab sire. I would say he's a fun ride, and seems to have experienced it all. Dogs barking, things flapping, etc don't seem to bother him much. He's nothing like the stereotype of arab's I'd read around. He does like to try things (not bad, just experiment) and I take that he's pretty bright and adventurous.

I have an "arab" mare.
She has a high % arab in her. Most think she pure bred but as I have no papers as she rescue case. She got a bad scar on her nearhind so no showing or endurance (happy hack)...
Must say everyone says she is Donax lines....

I plan to breed her to a pure bred with Egyptian lines this year. Look forward to a partbred.

familiar

Funny, your horse has the same markings as my purebred arabian. There are so many different arabian breeds with different characteristics and personalities it would be impossible to find out ther lineage without a DNA testing. My horse is half polish arab and half french arab. I am going to try to include a picture so you could compare the two. Yours looks a lot like mine.
hope this helps.
Marji

Attachments

• JohnnyRebb1July13th2004.jpg smaller.jpg
    JohnnyRebb1July13th2004.jpg smaller.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 01-12-06_1234.jpg smaller.jpg
    01-12-06_1234.jpg smaller.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 15
newrider.com