dealing with builders who don't care..

Dark Storm

Well I'll be a Krampus's Auntie! :D!
Jan 4, 2009
Hadfield
Just been upstairs to see what the Central heating guys have done.. to say it's a nightmare is an understatement! They're supposed to cover everything up - THEY DON'T!! There were inches of black soot/dust over everything, which they had no intentions of clearing up, but did so after the foreman was confronted (it was part of the agreement), they've broken a tile on top of the roof, and rain water is leaking into the loft space, when they took the scaffolding down, this is yet to be rectified..
You apparently can't leave them for a minute, as they just want to do the job quickly, and don't care what they damage in the process.. They put a radiator in the wrong place, and it then had to be moved, leaving a hole in the ceiling.. the poor tenants are still cleaning the aftermath nearly 2 weeks after the job was 'done'..
I intend on documenting all their work, taking photo as evidence for future reference etc..

It's a nightmare isn't it? It's taken me an age to build up a team of trusted tradespeople to do work on my properties. The amount of bad ones I've been through to find them have been numerous.

Noted this morning.. We think the scaffolders have put the the scaffolding up on the wrong property.. as far as we know the house next door had its CH done years ago, and the flat upstairs is not council as the tenants bought it, as far as we know, they also had theirs done, so they'll just have to come back and put the scaffolding back where it was in the first place..

newrider.com