De-hairing a fleece rug, help!

redcedar

Tom, Max & Guinness
Nov 17, 2005
Lincolnshire , UK
s24.photobucket.com
I have just got my once lovely fleece travel rug out, ready for new neddy to come home on friday. Omly to find it covered in lovely bright orange hairs:eek: Thanks Max!

Have washed it after brushing as much off with my garden broom as i could. This has resulted in the the rug now being nice and clean but all the orange hairs have now spred all over the rug :eek:

Is there any way of getting it off without covering myself in Selotape and rolling about on it????

Now, you have discovered the worst thing about fleece! It's a nightmare to get hair out of. Have you got a sticky lint roller? That might help, but on the other hand it might just get covered in fleece fluff and leave all the hair where it is. Also hanging it over a washing line and giving it a good beating might shake some of the hair out/off.

i'm afraid i think its impossible...well thats what i tell the OH when he sees me coming in with yet another new fleece:eek: :D

Sorry, no brilliant idea from me. I once wore a fleece jacket then helped to put haylage in the stalls of a very large American barn. I got COVERED in spiky bits and seeds. Ended up picking bits out for ever. Won't do that again!!

Get several volunteers to hold the edges of the rug and then go over it with a rubber curry comb. It doesn't get all the hairs off by any stretch of the imagination but it's a good starting point. After that it's sticky back plastic all the way for me ...:D :D

If you think hair is hard to remove don't ever let it come into contact with wood shavings :eek:

Ditto that. I once put a fleece on Skeeter in his stall. What a mess!!! :eek:

I wonder if you could spray fabric softener diluted with water on it, let it dry, and then try a lint brush (the type that is a roll of sticky tape). Just a thought. Apparently spraying fabric softener/water mix on your carpet allows you to pick up way more pet hair when vacuuming, so just wondering if it could help getting hair off fleece by removing any existing static cling?

well

just never use fleese in/on/around/and or NEAR! the stall, o ya and you will NEVER get all of the hair out of it, so i suagest that you only use THAT one for the horses and just leev any other at the house were it can not get "FUZZIEFIED" soo that is my advice ummmmmmmmm ok dens

Tanna in Montanna,
Mat
P.S. if you use a "Hover" on it you may never get it back.

I'm going to have a crack at it this morning :) Will let you know how it goes!

I am just glad the cat did not find it to sleep on as well.....................dark red rug ...bright white cat!! :)

Found my self looking at new fleece rugs last night, gluten for punishment me!

Hx

well good luck i hope you win against the fleece and be careful with the "Hover" if you try it

newrider.com