Dan's Diary

They do break down. You can get them tested. We have a local battery shop that we take them to and they test them for us. They go all of a sudden, or if they've not been used they seem to go. We were told to rotate like you do, and also when not in use keep them regularly topped up on charge which helps preserve them.
I have load tested them (I'm a qualified mechanic), they all come up fine and I have them in boxes with insulated bottoms so the cold shouldn't be getting to them and I have been taking them home and trickle charging them and they take a full charge fine. I suspect when the trespassing children come visiting they are doing something to drain them, I found the electric wire hooked back on the barbed wire fence one day after it was obvious the kids had been in, which discharged the battery (thankfully I have a charge controller on it which stopped it draining down to nothing and killing the battery completely) that's what makes me think that they are doing something. I have double and triple checked the fence isn't earthing anywhere, tested it every 20m or so and can't find anything, it's uber frustrating.

I can't believe it's been a year since I did an update for Danny boy here, obviously there was the long tale of his escaping antic's Here but that **touches wood frantically** seems to have settled down now :)
I was looking at old pictures over the weekend, he has changed soooo much;
This was the day I picked him up, it was a dry day
78641991_10157789188002246_4551647911842152448_n.jpg
And here he is this weekend, a dry day after a night of pretty heavy rain
78333707_10157792810157246_6599200203578802176_o.jpg

His coat is so nice now, it's shiny and floofy, even after getting soaked and filthy the dirt just falls off and he's a puff ball again :) I haven't had a brush near him in weeks.
He's a bit on the porky side after a summer of escapes onto the long grass, but he's pretty steadily loosing it now, and with the mains power on it's way I am very hopeful that we will have better control of his diet in 2020 :) He's still a bit Eeyore like, but Hank and he are pretty good friends as long as Jess isn't too close (then Hank seems to think he needs to protect her) and they do play a lot and Dan does his fair share of instigating it :)

Reactions: Trewsers
Hes so white i swear you've either shampooed him or had him rugged. Even his legs look white. Lol:p:)
No honestly, He's not had a bath in at least 18 months and I only brush him occasionally, the last time was at least a month ago. We are lucky our soil is just sand, so it just falls off once it's dry :)

newrider.com