Daisy and I jump for first time - this will make you laugh

Dizzy Woo

Apr 20, 2008
Dorset
I am going to do a very brave thing now and share with you the most embarrasing thing I have ever done.

I had a jumping lesson today, Daisy and I have never jumped apart from a log on the common the other day.

I am a rather rotund sort of gal and was made to put a BP on which slid round to one side cos it was too long for my short fat bod and so I had a boob almost flying round with me.

It felt like the jumps were huge but looking at the video they are almost not there.

I was absloutely knackered, it was extremely hot but we got a clear round and it was sort of fun :giggle::redface::giggle:

I think I am very lucky as I have a very encouraging RI

French and Saunders - watch and learn :wink:

Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant!

And don't you worry my jumping looks similar (minus the flying boob...I don't have any!) except I have a whizzy little pony galloping off with me :giggle:

Well done & I'm glad you han fun :dance:

Huge respect Dizzy Woo! Yay you rock girl!:dance: Far braver than me...I would NOT even try it nor would I dare post a video of me, I wobble from side to side in trot nowadays, let alone jumping!:redface:..yours looked positively professional compared to how mine would look! :giggle:

Your instructor?? Sounds just like me dearly loved sis in law who did try to give me a lesson a couple of times....how we never came to blows is a family mystery!:bounce:

OMG with big brass knobs on!
Thank you so much you guys for your positive remarks, I am so chuffed, I just thought I looked funny and daughter was so negative about my attemp saying Daisy didnt even jump properly
Thanks - I am a rather proud bunny now :smile:

Seriously, you find that embarrassing? It's genuinely one of the best first attempts I've ever seen :bounce: And your RI sounds super!

Not impressed.

You put up a vid of your supposedly bad first go at jumping (which I'd be proud of as I've never done a course of jumps) and all you've done is is make me more determined ill be getting a boob job as I don't have any!

Seriously, I really impressed. If you're starting like that I can only imagine what you'll be like after a few lessons. Give yourself some credit.

Body protectors aren't really designed for people our shape dizzwoo, I've bought one that's wide enough but too long & chopped loads off the back so it doesn't catch the cantle & bash me up the back of my head. Still can't stand the thing though as it's still very restricting somehow.
You did very well with your jumping & please note you didn't have even one stop or run out , if pony had been more helpful & picked her feet up you'd have had a clear round

I like the bit where she says go left, no i meant right or whatever.

And the praise! I have to say i had one instructor who spent more time nagging, that praise was non existent. So it is nice to hear encouragement.

Your instructor sounds FAB! think we all could do with someone like that teaching us :angel:

You did really really well!! and made it look easy!! Go girl!!! :biggrin:

I think you both look great - you're not leaning forward, or jagging her in the mouth, or losing your balance, or any of the things that people do, and she's going really sweetly. Your RI sounds really nice and encouraging too - nothing whatever to be embarrassed about!

I think you both look great. Echo what everyone else has said - your RI sounds very jolly and encouraging. Daisy was going really nicely. It's not that easy doing a course if you aren't used to it. There's such a lot to think about!

What's to laugh about? That was having fun!! If you want something to laugh at you should have seen me and Minnie the fell trying out the course in the field for our RS gymkhana on Sunday. That did make everyone laugh/gasp/reach for the mobile and hover fingers over the 999 button.:frown: But then I am no great jumper and Minnie treats everything like it's the Grand National!

Hooray for Daisy and you!

newrider.com